Hello.

Started by Anonymous, February 2, 2004, 13:21

Anonymous

Hi,
should have posted here first I suppose. Went straight into your problems page about my reluctant battery. The response was very helpful.
A very good site, looking forward to lots of posts and discussions.
Mines a silver 2001 with hardtop. Bought it sept 2003 with 9500 miles on. It's a retirement present to me after 27 years off shore  s:D :D s:D  

Anonymous

Welcome to the club.

Anonymous

Welcome indeed.

Anonymous

Alright geezer! Any info on you? Location? Car?................(and don't say MR2 Roadster........  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

SimonC_Here

Car:

John that will be the
QuoteMines a silver 2001 with hardtop. Bought it sept 2003 with 9500 miles on

part of the post then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Simon

SteveJ

And the following from Gordy's battery problem answers the location :-

Quote from: "Gordy"The cars has had a run to the very North of Scotland from Glasgow

Welcome to the club  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Hi there!  s:) :) s:)
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Liz

Hi and welcome along!!   s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

SimonC_Here wrote:
QuoteJohn that will be the
Quote:
Mines a silver 2001 with hardtop. Bought it sept 2003 with 9500 miles on

part of the post then  

DOH DOH DOH DOH!!!!!!!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

SteveJ wrote:
QuoteAnd the following from Gordy's battery problem answers the location :-

Gordy wrote:
The cars has had a run to the very North of Scotland from Glasgow

DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH!!!! AGAIN!!!!!! DOH!!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

That'll teach me to skim read...........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Welcome to this place, you now you'll never want to leave now

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "John Woodward"That'll teach me to skim read...........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Just to rub it in   s:D :D s:D  and possibly answer your 3rd question.

Quoteafter 27 years off shore

So possibly and ex Navy person or even from the location an oil rig person?

Oh and Gordon, welcome to the club!

Simon

Anonymous

Welcome to the club mate.

What colour is it?...only kiddin!

Anonymous

hi ya   s:P :P s:P

heathstimpson

Goodaye sport  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

welcome newbie.

Anonymous

QuoteSo possibly and ex Navy person or even from the location an oil rig person?
Very close, oil rig person after spell in merchant navy, rig supply ships, oil tankers, cargo ships.
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Welcome Gordy and as you can tell, this lot are a cheeky bunch of bas.....................

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! (keep an eye on this lot Gordy........

kanujunkie

welcome mate, don't worry this rabble don't bite MUCH!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Hi Gordy.
I see you moved across then!   s:D :D s:D  

Les

Anonymous

Maintenance section?
what a nice big avatar, mine looks affy wee compared to yours  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

aaronjb

Welcome Gordy..

My what a small avatar you have  s;) ;) s;)   s:D :D s:D  (You know, you could make it a whole 20 pixels wider, and still fit in with the rules  s;) ;) s;) ).

BTW - What bike do you ride?

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

It's a Yamaha XJ 900 Diversion, 1995, a faithfull friend. Bought it 6 years ago with 24,000 on clock, nearly 50,000 now. Hard to say what gives me more fun, the bike or the car, they are both great.
You a biker?

aaronjb

Quote from: "Gordy"You a biker?[/color]

Nope.. But I've always wanted to learn to ride - there's not a lot stopping me now admittedly, given I'm well over 18 and don't live at home.. But the earache I'd get from my folks is enough to put me off :S (Entirely due to my Dad going over the bars on his bike many moons ago and doing some nice damage to his knees & elbows, the dog came off worse mind)

One day.. When I'm feeling brave, I will take my bike test  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"Nope.. But I've always wanted to learn to ride - there's not a lot stopping me now admittedly, given I'm well over 18 and don't live at home.. But the earache I'd get from my folks is enough to put me off :S (Entirely due to my Dad going over the bars on his bike many moons ago and doing some nice damage to his knees & elbows, the dog came off worse mind)

One day.. When I'm feeling brave, I will take my bike test  s:) :) s:)

That is soooo like me.  Wouldn't mind.  Nothing stopping me... but need to be brave.

Anonymous

If you want to ride a bike do it, but get proper tuition. I could have gone straight on mine without anything because I passed my test at 18, (on a Lambretta, 41 years ago!). After riding the Yamaha a few times I realised I was going to do myself an injury so went and got a few refresher lessons. I hadn't had a bike for 34 years and they had changed some what. Riding a bike is like nothing else and if it's done right you should be ok, defensive riding is the key. The more you can drive/ride the better road user you become. My last big thing was passing my HGV last December, now thats a big change in technique!

Tags: