Hello.

Started by Anonymous, February 2, 2004, 13:21

Liz

Hurrah a fellow truck driver - mine is only rigid up to 38 tonnes though - but sure makes the '2 feel really really fast after driving one though!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Quote from: "Liz"Hurrah a fellow truck driver - mine is only rigid up to 38 tonnes though - but sure makes the '2 feel really really fast after driving one though!
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  You learn something new about people everyday!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Slacey"
Quote from: "Liz"Hurrah a fellow truck driver - mine is only rigid up to 38 tonnes though - but sure makes the '2 feel really really fast after driving one though!
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  You learn something new about people everyday!
Just don't you  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

mine is only rigid up to 38 tonnes though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

What a chat up line! Wish I'd thought of that 1st.
Mines a class 2 (C) too, haven't started any work yet due to having a bloody awful bug during HGV course and for 3 weeks afterwards,  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   couldn't have been eating enough Yorkies. Had to turn down £20/hour work over Christmas/New year period, and agency hasn't phoned me back.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:   The course was great. I decided to do it when the company I took early retirement from gave me £750 towards retraining

Anonymous

Me  s:D :D s:D  

Liz

I only drive the work wagon, 30 tonne rigid, about 30 ft long every now and then,  but I know that if I was ever sacked that I could walk into a job truck driving the next day, my driving course was all paid for by Essex Police as well, how generous they are!!  s:) :) s:)
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

That job was a one off last year, it was a bank holiday and most of the drivers wanted to go away for the weekend and as they were desperate to get the buildings delivered, I volunteered my services (for a shed load of money) and delivered it for them.
My normal job is workshop manager, keeping a fleet of 50 vehicles & trailers roadworthy.

Anonymous

I hope the HGV course will make me more trucker friendly, it really opened my eyes to their problems. I only want to do HGV driving one or two days a week to suppliment pension if necessary, (ie kids in financial mess or Mrs going daft  s:( :( s:(  ). The offshore pension isn't bad but not the same as the wages.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Les"Me  s:D :D s:D  

Hmmmm....JAE....lots of stuff to get there. Anyone got any ideas as to something we can use????   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: