Heated seats?

Started by WillsSayers, February 25, 2009, 22:37

WillsSayers

Random question: Dropped something under my seats today and whilst having a feel for it (ooer matron), I felt a cable coming out of the bottom of my seats (which are leather as well, if that helps). Passenger's seat cable goes no-where (just hanging loose unplugged) but the drivers seat seems to go in to the carpet (but again may not be plugged in to anything). Would these be heated, or is this normal? I'm wondering if the previous owners have purchased the seats after the car, and just so happened to purchase heated seats instead of regular...

Cheers.

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Anonymous

It' for the seat belt warning systems.

uktotty

DO NOT PULL IT
It's the ejector seat system for the japanese versions

muffdan

my passenger one is plugged in as well as the driver's one. It controls that little seat belt warning light that flashes near the hazzard lights switch. I must admit I haven't been my an MR2 since last November, but it's definitely around that area of the dash somewhere!

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

onion86

I left my passenger one unplugged after I got my new seats. The passenger one is pretty annoying when you have a rucksack on it and the red light is flashing in the middle of your dashboard (little black square under the hazards above heater controls - you've probably never seen it if it's not plugged in) it's exactly the same light/picture as the one that comes up on the right hand side of your speedo display if you don't have your seatbelt on when driving.

Not heated I'm afraid.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

darkday

Quote from: "uktotty"DO NOT PULL IT
It's the ejector seat system for the japanese versions
On spyderchat awhile back there was a guy who imported one from japan. Well as the story goes his friend was trying to grab something under the seat and for whatever reason got ahold of the cable and yanked on it. The top was up and well.... It wasn't pretty, let's just put it that way.   s:( :( s:(

Tags: