7 years 70k

Started by Anonymous, February 28, 2009, 10:25

Anonymous

Well, apart from my little hiccup with the sensors a while back I have just had the 7th stamp put in my service book.

I know that my handbrake needs re setting and my front tyres are getting near to limits so the service report came as no surprise, both items were marked for attention with nothing else defected, no suggested repairs, plus comments about it's immaculate condition   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Intermediate service £122.95...I'm happy with that   s:D :D s:D  

Thank you John Roe Toyota Hull (for the seventh time)

NickNJ

I've managed £45 for the basic oil (decent oil) and filters change on a lotus at the local garage where the blokes getting on a bit, he still charges something like a fiver an hour.   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Black MR2 Roadster

StuM

Quote from: "Les"Intermediate service £122.95...I'm happy with that   s:D :D s:D  

Blimey - 70k intermediate was £227 from Inchcape Guildford!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

'All talk of a North South divide is totally unsustainable' (or something like that - Margret Thatcher  1980 something or other)   s:D :D s:D

Two's Company

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "Les"Intermediate service £122.95...I'm happy with that   s:D :D s:D  

Blimey - 70k intermediate was £227 from Inchcape Guildford!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Oop north the 40k and 60k services cost less than that.  An imtermediate is normally £100.  Putting up the the rain has some advantages!   s:D :D s:D

dbrown

at Minories in durham (where i bought it)
my 40k cost iirc just under £250 altogether
including (after asking me) a gearbox oil change and that was £45
and they adjusted the handbrake too

before that at the MOT they also adjusted the handbrake and cleaned the car all for under £40
although they did try to get me to get new brakes on the front @ £300
when it really didn't need them (and would expect drilled/grooved or something at that price)

(did my own front and back discs and pads recently for £160 in parts
and a few hours of my own labour (£50 front and £110 back))
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

Chris_h

I think it is expected to negotiate on service price.

I was quoted £130 for the annual service at Mr T (just oil and inspection) - made some objectional noises and it became £99 within 20 seconds. Still pricey for oil and a stamp in the book
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Two's Company

I should say that I did have to negotiate to get those prices.  

Most back street garages would charge around 80-100 for a basic service so if the main dealer stamp is important to you then £99 isn't too bad IMO.

Tags: