So am I insured for Corfu or not then?

Started by uktotty, March 3, 2009, 23:04

uktotty

My question was
Am I covered for travel in Europe

The answer I got was

Thank you for your email.

All eCar Insurance policies (except Short Term Cover) provide cover within the Territorial Limits of the policy throughout the policy year.

This extension is provided for the purpose of travel only.

Your permanent home must be in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man and must also be your primary residence.

The cover provided within the Territorial Limits is the same level of cover you have in the UK.

Please note, European Breakdown Recovery Assistance is available to purchase as an additional cover on your policy, providing that your vehicle is 8 years old or less, you have comprehensive cover, and you have an Annual Policy (European Breakdown cover is not available on Pay As You Go or Short Term Cover).

A Green Card is no longer necessary if you are travelling within the territorial limits of the policy. However if you are travelling to Bulgaria or Romania you will need a green card which we can provide on request.
Your Policy, Schedule and Certificate of Motor Insurance will provide sufficient evidence that you are complying with the laws relating to compulsory motor insurance in any of these countries that you visit.

Kind Regards

WillsSayers

Does their website mention where the territorial limit covers? Sounds like it covers all countries that fall under this heading, so get looking :p

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

uktotty

Territorial Limits
Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, The
Channel Islands, the Republic of Ireland, Andorra, Austria,
Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France
(including Monaco), Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary,
Iceland, Italy (including San Marino and the Vatican City),
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The
Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden,
Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia and
Gibraltar.

So ????????????????

WillsSayers

From what I understand, Corfu is within Greece, there-fore you're covered  s:) :) s:)  Someone may want to confirm tho!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

muffdan

Short answer, Yes.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

uktotty

Woohoo!
Wasnt really sure where it was located  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Was going to say if they cover Cyprus which is still part "occupied"by turk military then they should cover Corfu.

loadswine

Corfu is part of Greece, so if Greece is there, no problems.
Don't forget the Euro breakdown cover though Russ, that is a safety net, nobody should be without.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

NickNJ

Yes Greece covers Greece and her Islands, you might want to get it in writing before you leave though for piece of mind.
Black MR2 Roadster

uktotty

Thanks guys.

I think my mate has Euro cover with the AA so thats sorted too  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Just done mine Russ  AA EURO COVER  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tags: