Driving like a F1 Driver!!!

Started by Anonymous, February 4, 2004, 13:51

Anonymous

Okay okay .. I got my car in October or there abouts so I havent had a summer in the2 and the roads up in the Midlands have been a little dryer of late so I have been testing out the old handlinge a bit more;) ... and I have basically begun driving like a maniac!  I sit there at the lights acitvley looking for some sort of race ... be it a mother in a corsa or a bad boy in a nova, I still get joy from them eating my dust even if they arent partaking in my own little made up race!  Its not even nice and summery yet and I am in serious need of curbing my speeding!!  Hopefully in the summer tho it will be roof down (even tho it was today  s;) ;) s;) ) crusing rather than thrashing around basically being a maniac.

HELP!!! Is there anyone else with my Formula 1 wanabe syndrome?

Slacey

I get it at times, ususally on the country lanes. I'd be careful with the 'racing' though, you won't get off lightly if caught!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I'm a bit like Slacey.  Just keep pushing it through the bends.

Anonymous

yeah its not really racing .. just a bit of "I've got a faster car than you and i'm gonna show it" syndrome, rather than racing around 30mph zones etc

MRMike

At the moment Im absolutely loving driving sideways round deserted roundabouts at night...  Thats my one and only black mark against me. (Previous convictions aside)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I'm fine in the summer, like the honda NSX ad used to say, why go fast when more people will see going slow.

I try and go to track days or the like every so often which gets rid of my manic tendencies.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  (well car associated ones anyways)
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

aaronjb

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"I try and go to track days or the like every so often which gets rid of my manic tendencies.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  (well car associated ones anyways)

I was about to say.. Mandatory North Weald sessions for everyone here perhaps?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I fancy the Drivers Club track day in April and maybe a go at North Weald too, seeing as though I can't go to Anglesey   s:( :( s:(   Other than that, I think I drive fairly conservatively, although if it is just ME in the car (no passenger), then I have been known to let her fly......  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Wouldn't do it with someone else in the car though. I don't want to be responsible for the death of someone in my care........

Just me, then I only have me and my abilities to worry about.......  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

juansolo

Bring it to Anglesey (see events).  After a day wringing it's neck around a circuit you'll drive like an old lady on the roads for some time after.  It's odd but you just find yourself spent after a trackday.  Safer for the rest of the world and it's far more fun to go quick on a circuit than it is on the road.

Go on, you know you want to.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Anglesey sounds awesome ... that would vent my maniacle tendencies!  Yeah if my girlfriend is in the car I drive quite conservativly as I do not like scaring her or putting her in any danger .. where as myself that is a diff subject!

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"I was about to say.. Mandatory North Weald sessions for everyone here perhaps?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:D :D s:D

I'll be trying very hard to go to the next one.

markiii

well I'm going to do the 1st one again as a refresher before doing part 2 if anyones up for sorting out a group.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I think we will be up for it this time round, if not with Kerstie, then me.

Just terrified of spilling the car.

I guess I will need new tyres afterwards too

MRMike

Though I haven't driven the MR2 on track yet I imagine it would be pretty easy on tires being so light, thats what i'm hoping anyways!  I think you'd get lots of use after the track day!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

1st gear racing i call it lol.

More of a 3rd gear man around my country lanes   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: