I WANT AN AVATAR!!!!!

Started by Anonymous, February 5, 2004, 09:12

Anonymous

I have tried Google in their Images searches and you can only specify small, medium or large images and Small, are WAY to small as sensible avatars on here and medium are all just that little too big.

Any idea where there is a good resource for avatars and the like?

Also, if I can't find anything I like, can someone tell a complete computer numpty (ME!) how to reduce the size of some of the digital photos I have taken? I might be able to use one or two of them if I can find somewhere to host them........

Would like and avatar resource first though...........

Tem

m http://www.google.com/search?q=avatars m

Seems to find several interesting links...check some of them...

You can resize pics in just about any graphics software, even the Paint that comes with Windows can do it. Just open the pic and select Stretch/Skew...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

John, I'll sort any photos for ya mate.

Anonymous

JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE CORRECT SIZE !!!!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

GRRRRRR.......thats why I postes Craig!!!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Cheers Kris and Tem. Will look into what I can get here and then see what happens. Might have to take you up on your offer Kris!!!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

One more thing. Is 80x200 pixels and AREA size and can I have avatars that are 100x100 for instance (80x200=16,000 when 100x100=10,000)

Do you get what I mean?

Anonymous

no, 80px wide x 200px high (MAXIMUM)... basicly dont go over 80px wide - if you can find a decent pic thats 80x200 then i'll take my hat off to you.

Look at mine, nice and small - thats what you want mate.

Anonymous

Right oh. Off to search now..........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Jap GT300

I think my avator is too big!

How many pixels in a centimetre?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jap GT300"How many pixels in a centimetre?

That depends entirely on the resolution of the display device, so we can't give you a definate answer  s:) :) s:)

Tem

Just rightclick on the image and select Properties or something...it will tell you the pixels.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

This is really quite hard trying to find something so small and also something that the host of the avatar will let you remote link from! A couple of sites I have looked at won't let you remote link cos it takes up their bandwidth.

Why has everyone else got nice avatars? Not fair......  s:( :( s:(    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

You all got your own web space to host them? I haven't, which I think is my problem..........  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

John, considering your affinity with computers, perhaps this would suit: http://www.avatarity.com/avatar.php?aid=2591  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

John, this is what you need to do mate;

1) get a photo of your car onto the PC
2) email the photo to  e mailto:mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk">mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk e
3) check your email for an email back with a web link
4) copy & paste the web link into the avitar box
5) sit back and relax!

s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Phil, strange you should say that cos I have already seen that one! But the bloody site won't let you remote link!!!

And Kris, I THINK I know what you mean. I am going to have a go, although I am not sure I am going to be able to do this from work......

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"Phil, strange you should say that cos I have already seen that one! But the bloody site won't let you remote link!!!

You were right earlier... need someplace to host it.  Luckily you've got Kris  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

John, if you want that one from that site ill stick it on my server for ya if you want?

Anonymous

I was actually VERY tempted by the one Phil posted cos I had seen it before. Do I just send you the link of follow your instructions?

heathstimpson

I need one toooooooooooooo  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"I was actually VERY tempted by the one Phil posted cos I had seen it before. Do I just send you the link of follow your instructions?

leave it with me, i will try and do it at lunch today for you.

Anonymous

Cheers Kris. You probably already know but I have sent you the image to the address you posted.........

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"John, this is what you need to do mate;

1) get a photo of your car onto the PC
2) email the photo to  e mailto:mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk">mr2roc@mr2-roadster.co.uk e
3) check your email for an email back with a web link
4) copy & paste the web link into the avitar box
5) sit back and relax!

s:D :D s:D

You are SO good to em Kris.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Can you just convert my photography site into Flash please as I have no idea on Flash http://www.cm-photos.co.uk , no rush, before the weekend would be good!

Cheers mate.

Anonymous

He's a darlin' ain't he?!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Nice avantar mate!

Tags: