Which panel filter?

Started by widermuller, April 29, 2009, 00:20

widermuller

Evening....         My question is.... which panel filter for the standard airbox?

I know my choices are as follows:

1/         Trd, this is the one I really want, due to it being quality kit, and hopefully tested by toyota to ensure some gain/throttle response

2/         K&n, seems a popular choice on here, no doubt helped by its availibilty on ebay and else where, a name I admittedly can trust having previous experiance of there products

3/         Blitz, don't like what i've read!!

4/         Pipercross, bit unsure on these, quality?????

5/         Tom's, has anyone got one??  Seem to have a quality reputation, and price reflects this, any better than Trd?

6/         Hks, do they do one??

Thank you for your opinions.
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

markiii

TTE if you can get it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

widermuller

Thanks!  Forgot they did one, I take it, its been deleted now. Was it a trd, really? but re-badged tte?

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

Two's Company

I've had both the TRD and K&N and whilst more expensive I noticed a difference with the TRD in terms and noise and response whereas the K&N doesn't seem much different than stock.

HTH

Steve

Wabbitkilla

Hey, i ran a Blitz LM panel filter.... no problems!   s:P :P s:P  

imho it's the same as the TRD, etc etc   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
I haven't seen a TOMs filter in use, TOMs stuff seems pretty scarce these days for the 2.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

wbarrwebster

Hi,

Ran a TOMS with a Markiii for about 6 months, generally pleased, only changed it when I got the Apexi
Induction

Wee Amy's running it now!!

B
W. B. Webster

widermuller

Morning....

Thank you for all your replies so far, with regard to the blitz, I've done a lot of reading on the forums as people are constantly advised, I did find a couple of adverse comments about this manufacturer, in terms of how bigger particles it can remove. Compared to others. I currently have an Apexi induction fitted, however reading again on these forums people who have fitted, get no gains on a dyno. If I can get the odd Hp here and there, and better throttle response i'll have it! The Apexi cost about 120 quid so on my part I would considerer it an expensive mistake, for admittedly great noise! No gain.

Wabbitkilla

Yeah about the Blitz, but that's more to do with their stainless steel cone filters.
The LM panel filter look just like the TRD filter   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

But the choice is yours  s;) ;) s;)

I'm using an Apexi power intake with multiple other mods and getting 164bhp, so it can't be that bad
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

widermuller

Evening......

What other mods are you running Wabbitkilla?

Two's Company

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Yeah about the Blitz, but that's more to do with their stainless steel cone filters.
The LM panel filter look just like the TRD filter   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

But the choice is yours  s;) ;) s;)

I'm using an Apexi power intake with multiple other mods and getting 164bhp, so it can't be that bad

You will be the one to choose which panel filter do you want to used.

Tags: