G-Tech Pro Comp possible GB

Started by MRMike, February 6, 2004, 19:30

MRMike

I've been looking for a performance meter for quite a while and looked at various one's but I think that that undoubtedly the best for the price is the G-Tech Pro Competition which I know Sean already has. It's a fantastic tool for looking at all aspects of your cars performance including.

Reaction-Time
0-60ft time
0-330ft time
0-60mph time
1/8mile E.T and speed
1000ft time
1/4 mile E.T. and speed
Horsepower
Torque
RPMs
Braking distance
Handling G's
Accelerating and Braking Gs
RPM vs Time Graph
HP & Torque vs RPM Graph
Speed vs Time Graph
Speed vs Distance
Gs vs Time Graph

Graphs can be downloaded to your PC for further review. Using DSP technology, the GTech/Pro Comp can sense RPM through the cigarette adapter. You can pre-program your redline to activate its built-in shift light LEDs. The unit also has intelligent shift light which can activate the shift light at the optimum rpm after it learn the engine's power curve.

Here's some links so I don't rabbit on
 m http://www.gtechpro.com/ m

Anyways there is seemingly only one UK & European distributor ( w www.funkyproduct.co.uk w ) for this product and it retails for £230 delivered.  You can however get these from America for $240 so I'm a bit averse to paying this much for one here.  I have spoken to the UK distributor and he is willing to do the units for £200 delivered if there are 3 people who want one, the price falling for each subsequent one.  If we could get a few buyers I think it would be well worth it seeing as shipping from the US would cost $65 plus import duty and tax and you'd be looking at a similar price.

I know from searching that Sean did a GB previously, and I'm not sure how many were sold.  I will get one irrespective, I just thought I would get a feel to see if anyone else was looking for this type of device and wanted to make a saving, and me one at the same time!   s:) :) s:)  

From my research I have also found that because the device was never made for UK markets the AC adaptor that comes with the device is not for a UK plug, but I envisage that you could buy a converter.  This is of no consequence if you are just using the unit in the car, as it utilises the cig lighter, only if you're downloading data at home. Just a small word of warning.

Anyways that's pretty much it! Let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

MRMike

I take it then there are no takers! Oh well! I'll have to console myself that I have the fastest MR2 and no-one (Sean excluded) will be able to show me any evidence otherwise!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Cheers anyways,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

mph

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Oh well! I'll have to console myself that I have the fastest MR2 and no-one (Sean excluded) will be able to show me any evidence otherwise!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Come to a trackday (err, like Angelsey at the end of the month)...   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

MRMike

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  yeah but the driver influences that..i'm talking about cold hard facts..

...lies, damn lies, and statistics   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: