I'm in love...

Started by Anonymous, February 7, 2004, 20:54

Anonymous

..with my 2!

Was bimbling along through Tescos carpark to where I'd left him parked safely (i.e. not next to a van, 4 x 4, shed, or anything with babyseats) - turned the corner and there he was. gleaming at me, looking totally sexy. i got that warm gooey feeling that only a girl in lurve gets. ahh, bless.

just wanted to share this with people who would understand. thank you for listening!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

I get this every time I walk out from work.  I park mine on the end, so it's the first car I and everyone else sees.

Anonymous

I love the feeling when opening the garage door and see her rear end all gleaming as the sun hits the MR2 badge

Anonymous

it doesn't matter what sort of a day I've had, I just can't help breaking into a beaming grin when I catch sight of him waiting patiently for me.

And I love the admiring glances we get as we sit in the traffic to come home.  That's why I got it - I wanted a head turning car - and there still doesn't seem to be too many around in this part of the world (always keep my flyers handy tho just in case!).

And as for washing / polishing him - we all know that it's just an excuse to stroke him in public!

Anonymous

Ours is going to have to brave a night with the communal car park door bust  s:( :( s:(  . I found it jammed open with the mechanism mangled and the maintainers wouldn't come out and fix it without authority from building factors, even though they had emergency 24 hour phone no. on door. And of course there is no emergency number for factor  s:( :( s:(  . I suggested I sleep in the car but Mrs. wasn't impressed.  s:x :x s:x  

Anonymous

wait till the summer comes your smile will get even bigger.
if you think you get looks now its nothing compaired to the attention you get during the summer months.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "swp"just wanted to share this with people who would understand. thank you for listening!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Oh we understand. I had the feeling three times today.

1) G/f needed to pop to the pet shop to get some food for her parrot. Do we go to the nearest one, nah. We go for a 50 mile round trip for a 2k pack of food that we could have got 1/2 mile away   s8) 8) s8)  Now this is the sort of pet shop that allows pets inside, so the parking bays are huge. So I park between to big 4x4's. Boy did the 2 look tiny and sooo sweet.

2) Leave pet shop and go to nearby garden centre. Park right in front of the doors. Have a walk round the shop. When leaving I say to my g/f "that is one damn sexy car" to which a bloke near me replys "Too true. Lucky sod whoever owns it". I have a huge grin on my face as, at the same time as unlocking it, I reply "yep"   s8) 8) s8)  

3) Get home from garden centre and think to myself "I could do with a paper. Hell I'll drop the top and enjoy my 1/2 mile trip to the shops and back." Get to the local garage and stop next to a mate who is filling up. He turns to me, as I am still sitting in the 2, and says, with a big grin "You're just posing aren't you?". "Yeah, pretty much". What else could I say.

I'm a ponce and proud of it (and so is everyone else who drives with their top down, on a cold, overcast day at the start of Feburary)!!!  s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)  

I LOVE IT

markiii

4x4 each side that'll be a dent in each door then.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

These were big, big parking bays that allowed big, big 4x4's to fully open their big, big doors and let out their big, big dogs without getting too close to the tiny, tiny car parked next to them   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"I'm a ponce and proud of it (and so is everyone else who drives with their top down, on a cold, overcast day at the start of Feburary)!!!  s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)  

Oh that'll be us then.  Had the roof down in Chelmsford - weather, well sunny in town, raining on the A414.  as we went towards toyota (we are looking at the celica) we had (and this IS the god's honest truth an MG behind us, and we passed on the other side in traffic another MG with an MX5 behind it.  They both looked at us as they had their roofs up!.

WOTS the point!.

Anyway, loved the Celica, but came away FINALLY making a decision about the 2/focus thing.  WE ARE KEEPING BOTH until the 2's finance is up in just under 2 years, then probably a Celica (unless something nicer comes along (a Celica softtop?).

markiii

trade the focus for a celica, and the 2 for a 2, dealer will love you if you buy both.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Guys, I am sorry to spoil it for you but once the car needs to go in even for the tiniest of services, the romance will be over.

Toyota dealers do not know how to deal with the sports car driver and can not satisfy the particular driver's needs.  They treat the MR2 as if it's a Corolla and even a question such as "what's the camber and toe of the new alignment" will brand you as someone who wastes their time with silly questions.

Although I am utterly in love with the MR2, I am seriously considering a divorce (it's only been 1,5 years since purchase).  I just had enough of my local dealer and their patronising attitude.  And to think that I even bought the car from them...

Anonymous

...sounds like you need to divorce your dealer, not the car!   s:) :) s:)  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

noddynurdle

Quote from: "Emmanuel"Guys, I am sorry to spoil it for you but once the car needs to go in even for the tiniest of services, the romance will be over.

Toyota dealers do not know how to deal with the sports car driver and can not satisfy the particular driver's needs.  They treat the MR2 as if it's a Corolla and even a question such as "what's the camber and toe of the new alignment" will brand you as someone who wastes their time with silly questions.

Although I am utterly in love with the MR2, I am seriously considering a divorce (it's only been 1,5 years since purchase).  I just had enough of my local dealer and their patronising attitude.  And to think that I even bought the car from them...

i dont care i still love i mine

its nice to know there others out there
noddy
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

ahhh ... reading all your comments have made me realise the I am in fact in lvoe with my 2 as well!  What a fantastic little car my baby is!  Just need to give it a wash now and make it gleam ... I can't wait for the summer to pop the roof all day every day   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Hope4Sun

Funny thinking back to seeing my 2 as i walked around the back of the office in the early evenings of the summer. The only car left parked up gleaming in the sun, and looking forwarded to finding the longest route home  s:D :D s:D

I never ever ever had that feeling with the Porsche  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  , and i still get a warm feeling when i'm blating about in the beast and seeing a 2 coming the other way (Though i must add the Skyline gives me an equal feeling of love when i see her parked up)

I miss just going for a drive though, i think drop tops are good for that, driving with no destiantion or aim! Maybe if my bonus is as good as i hope there could be a something new for the summer and i know what it will be  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Was on the phone to me Ma last night, she asked me how the car was, I said "aaah Mum, it's incredible, I love it so much"
My girlf next to me on the couch says loudly in the direction of the phone "yeah he loves it more than he loves me"
She laughed, my mum laughed, no-one saw ME laughing!

When backing the car onto my drive when i get home, I really really enjoy it if someone's walking down the road to witness it. It's just a thing of beauty, something to be proud of, and that's just looking at it, and then there's driving the little minxette, a whole new level of pleasure.

Roll on summer

markiii

knowing your bonus's a 350Z convertable  :-) :-) :-)

aaronjb

Quote from: "markiii"knowing your bonus's a 350Z convertable  :-) :-) :-)

Mmmmmmmmm...

I'm not sure I love my '2.. It's just not fast enough in a straight line for that.. But it does look very nice, handles well, fun to drive.. I certainly like it a lot  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

topic drift.

It depends on what you want. I'd love a 350Z but as Andy has pointed out everything feels heavy after a roadster.

Power is available,  as ever though it costs. 20BHP for £450 anywone?

as and when I get tired of playing I'll look at an elise 111R, trouble is with options it would be twice as expensive as my roadster and thats before I start playing.

enough topic drift *** I must pay for the house before I buy any more cars.

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "markiii"knowing your bonus's a 350Z convertable  :-) :-) :-)

hehehehe, now thats an option, but i think a 2 is more in my mind (and wallet, but we shall see) still got to get my garage built  first  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  )

Oh well, i'm off to clean old lardy  s:D :D s:D

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

markiii

get the two, then we can let you back on the stand at JAE.

Tags: