MOT Failure :(

Started by uktotty, May 15, 2009, 14:50

uktotty

Just got a call from the garage, I have failed on rear disks, rear pads, front pads and there is a 9" crack in the windscreen which I swear was NOT there at 8.3 this morning!

So disks and pads? What would you recommend?

uktotty

WE HAVE FOR SALE A FRONT AND REAR SET OF 40 GROOVED PERFORMANCE BRAKE DISCS AND EBC GREEN PADS FOR THE CARS BELOW..
TOYOTA MR2 1.8 VVTI ROADSTER 2000-ONWARDS
FRONT DISCS ARE 255MM X 30MM VENTED 4 STUD // REAR DISCS ARE 263MM X 22MM VENTED 4 STUD
FRONT EBC PADS DP21295 REAR EBC PADS DP21107

£250?????

loadswine

I first thought that they were the discs that Nathan has on his car, work well, though they do make a sizzle/rattlesnake noise when warm. Work extremely well with stock pads. Look like good value with pads as well, though I have no experience of Green pads myself.
(edit) Nathan has the grooved and dimpled EBC discs, but still jolly good.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Chris_h

Think Ste and Nic have those

Dare say they will be along in a mo to profer an opinion
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

roger

I have had them on the front for 12 months. Very good.

Having said that when I was under the car at MOT time the outer edge of the rear face was definetly showing rust marks. Whether its the start of something worse, I don't know, but I think I'll have a look sometime to see if everything is OK.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

spit

I like the Greenstuff pads - many don't. There is nothing wrong with OEM pads & they last well.
EBC disks seem to survive the weather better than OEM.

Don't forget to notify your insurers if you're switching to non-stock   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Bottom line, these things are life-savers - If t'were me i wouldn't faff about saving 20 or 30 quid on anything generic through fleabay. JMHO.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

loadswine

Looking at that ad description again and reading it more carefully, I realise that its only the pads that are EBC, not the discs. I would go for some that I know I think, or at least ask who makes the discs.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

uktotty

Prices seem to go from £100 for 2 sets plus pads to £480 for Black Diamond!
HELP!!

northernalex

braking.co.uk will give you a good quote for OEM discs/pads if you're interested.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Black Diamond discs are very good Russ if you can hack the price and fancy an upgrade. Pop them on with some stock pads and you'll have a great setup.

uktotty

Quote from: "northernalex"braking.co.uk will give you a good quote for OEM discs/pads if you're interested.
Cheers Alex

Sent them an enquiry

NickNJ

I've had Green stuff on elise and they were trucking awful!! EBC turbo grooved discs are really good and maybe mintex pads are a good bet for reasonable budget.
Black MR2 Roadster

uktotty

I bought these with Greenstuff pads for £200!!

Anonymous

Thats a good price,where from?Delivered?

uktotty

on eBay with £9.99 deliv

custardavenger

Good deal there Russ. It's a shame you have to fit them straight away or I'd get them plated for you
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

uktotty

Disks and pads arrived today, time to get fitted and get a MOT

uktotty

All sorted, MOT passed today  s:) :) s:)

HUGE thanks to Custard who came over at 10.30 last night with the windback tool and left at 1.40am after we upset the neighbours.

Tags: