XADO

Started by northernalex, June 4, 2009, 20:51

northernalex

Just had a look at the  w www.xado.co.uk w  mentioned by kerian.  Really does look like snake oil and too good to be true. But if it was a product that works then it does sound pretty good. Some of the science doesnt seem quite right to me, but that could just be the poor language of the author ie not a scientist.

What do you think?

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

loadswine

Sounds a bit suspect to me. I remember "cure all" products over the years. There were even supposed to be some tablets you dropped in the oil and they were supposed to fix just about everything, but of course never did.
If Kieron has made his car driveable again, then that's great, but fixing the damaged parts of an engine is the only way I would take other than a "get me home " solution.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

kentsmudger

If it really does what it says it does - Fills worn pits etc with ceramic metal stuff by means of heat - How does it know where to put it?

I would think that if it really did that, anywhere that friction occurred would get filled with the stuff, bearings etc would all get a build-up of the 'treatment'.
Doesn't sound very convincing to me....
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

normanh

Mmm as a industrial chemist in the polymer field I tend to head towards the definition of "Snake Oil". It would be interesting to see if these claims have ever been tested scientifically by independent accredited testing or in the courts!

norman

Anonymous

Seemingly there are pills which will grow your penis as well, perhaps from the same company?

northernalex

Quote from: "normanh"Mmm as a industrial chemist in the polymer field I tend to head towards the definition of "Snake Oil". It would be interesting to see if these claims have ever been tested scientifically by independent accredited testing or in the courts!

norman

Yeah I'm an physcist and I was erring towards the same thoughts.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

I used to drive a Ford Explorer - 4litre, V6 which was great untill the head gasket went.  I was quoted 3k to fix - pull the engine out, heads off and checked, new gaskets and refitted.  Five quid for a bottle of K-Seal snake oil and it ran perfectly for years after.  Magic liquid found the hole in the gasket and sealed it!  Don't know how, it just worked.  I wonder if this stuff works the same?

Might be tempted to try it in my 25year old Range Rover first - it needs all the help it can get  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: