Which bov for a TTE?

Started by Ilogik, June 7, 2009, 13:27

Ilogik

Without sound like a chav lol, what bov can I fit with my TTE turbo kit?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

alancdavis

Whats a BOV   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Ilogik

Quote from: "alancdavis"Whats a BOV   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Blow off valve, Dump valve.

alancdavis

OK whilst sat out here in the middle of no where I have learnt something    s:D :D s:D
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Ilogik

Quote from: "alancdavis"OK whilst sat out here in the middle of no where I have learnt something    s:D :D s:D
lol where are you?

Wabbitkilla

Doesn't the kit come with one?
I'm sure it uses a re-circ, and they don't need to be expensive flash things - i know someone with a C2 kit that uses a bog standard re-circ from someone like VW.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Doesn't the kit come with one?
I'm sure it uses a re-circ, and they don't need to be expensive flash things - i know someone with a C2 kit that uses a bog standard re-circ from someone like VW.

ahh cool if its got one in the kit thats cool.

muffdan

It doesn't come with one. It's unnecessary at those boost levels. To be honest, the kit sounds awesome without a BOV, try it without first and fit one later if you don't like the turbo flutter you get instead.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

loadswine

Just buy the most expensive one you can find! lol
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Liz

Yes why sound chavvy when subtle is the way to go?  As far as I was aware the TTE kit is fairly sealed in as far as what you can do with it in all ways, that being the idea of it?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

spit

As Jason mentions, TTET doesn't have a BOV. We've seen no downside to this kit or others in running without.

If you really want one, you'll need to install a silicone T, and IIRC there are precious few places to put one in without surgery on hard pipes. Don't bother. Save your money and go buy some sweeties.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

VVT-i

I have tge Blitz SS dump valve, it has a soft spring so works well on low boost pressures such as the TTE and Power Enterprise kits.. under normal driving you still here slight turbo chatter and under heavier load you get the phhhhst sound... go on, get a dump valve, you know you want one lol.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Ilogik

Quote from: "VVT-i"I have tge Blitz SS dump valve, it has a soft spring so works well on low boost pressures such as the TTE and Power Enterprise kits.. under normal driving you still here slight turbo chatter and under heavier load you get the phhhhst sound... go on, get a dump valve, you know you want one lol.

Which turbo do you have mate tte? *edit should learn to read sigs*  I thought turbo chatter was actually bad for a turbo? owning a mk2 tubby before, i was pretty sure turbo chatter was caused by pressure on the turbine blades, this can cause them to break? the bov relieves the pressure?  I was more concered about damage to the turbo loads +liz as well as the sound is pleasing to my youthful ears.

As its not a biggie and comes without one, will go and buy some sweeties lol or Japshow at Santa pod on the 29th if anyone fancies it? be good to get it down the strip.

[Mod - edited for accuracy]

markiii

turbo chatter is fine below 1 bar so long as your not using ceramic bladed turbos like teh nk2 tubby uses

throttle esponse is a huge amount better without one, so I took mine off
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"turbo chatter is fine below 1 bar so long as your not using ceramic bladed turbos like the nk2 tubby uses

throttle esponse is a huge amount better without one, so I took mine off

Wicked   s:) :) s:)  money saved is always a bonus. Before i get it fitted, would you recommend anything else? Was toying with the idea of a clutch if it does not involve much more in labour to get it done at the same time.

Any tips as an ex owner and someone who fettles with them yourself?

spit

Sensible time to replace the clutch would be somewhere between stripping the stock bits off and fitting the TTET, particularly if you're planning on launching it down the Pod.

Popular organic clutches include ACT, RPS and Exedy. They'll handle the power fine without busting your wallet.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Ilogik

Quote from: "spit"Sensible time to replace the clutch would be somewhere between stripping the stock bits off and fitting the TTET, particularly if you're planning on launching it down the Pod.

Popular organic clutches include ACT, RPS and Exedy. They'll handle the power fine without busting your wallet.

any recommendations for a site?

Also which one would give a heavier clutch.

markiii

TTE is about as fit and forget as it comes,

however whilst your in there I would add

1. Speedsource brass shifter bushings
2. Kirks mounts
3. clutch

in your case you get to choose wether your keeping teh stock cat ot teh TTE metal precat, you won;t need both to pass emissions and since your getting a custom PFC map anyway your better off removing the main cat for extra power

my big concern with your setup is cams, how is the turbo going to react with your non oem n/a cams you had fitted?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"TTE is about as fit and forget as it comes,

however whilst your in there I would add

1. Speedsource brass shifter bushings
2. Kirks mounts
3. clutch

in your case you get to choose wether your keeping the stock cat ot the TTE metal precat, you won;t need both to pass emissions and since your getting a custom PFC map anyway your better off removing the main cat for extra power

my big concern with your setup is cams, how is the turbo going to react with your non oem n/a cams you had fitted?

Reading on MWR site, they should run ok with one another due to having a stand alone. Think someone else on here has installed stage ones? Wabbitkiller?

enid_b

Quote from: "Ilogik"Without sound like a chav lol, what bov can I fit with my TTE turbo kit?

the only way you can not sound like a chav is to not fit one.  as mentioned, it is not required so why fit one.  if it is needed as part of its function then fine, if its wanted just to make it sound 'better' then that is pure chav im afraid.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

loadswine

Chavs round my way love em, but haven't got a clue what they are or what they do. Says chav to me the other day peering into my engine bay, " where's the BOV mate?" its a normally aspirated V6 I reply! Yeah, so where's the BOV then? Duhh!
That's why you don't want one!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Star_69

I dont get it. 99% of people have an aftermarket exhaust. Some have induction kits (which just add noise and no gain) and thats ok, but a dump valve is chavy?
-Brad
Owner of an \'03 plate "Ship of Theseus" aka Trigger\'s Broom Roadster [strike]1zz-f[/strike]e, [strike]supercharged 2zz-ge,[/strike] 2GR-FE

Anonymous

I loved my (2nd) BOV  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Ilogik

Quote from: "Dan M"I loved my (2nd) BOV  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
I love my blitz on my mk2 lol, untill it seized lol.

ChuckyBru

Read this thread with interest as I'll be picking up my TTET this Saturday with any luck (I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas Day).  A agree with the other comments here, I think understated is best in this instance, and there's so many other things the money and effort could be put towards.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

Tags: