Engine cover

Started by MRMike, February 12, 2004, 12:04

MRMike

Does anyone know of a good place where I can buy an engine cover for the MR2? I've tried the usual suspects ebaymotors etc.  Is there an on-line scrapyard in the UK? Really needs to be in the UK as i dont want to pay a lot.

Cheers for any advice,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

markiii

mike can you explain a little what exactly your after?

I assume it's not the actual bonnet?

therefore I'm thinking drip tray? plastic cam cover?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Its the entire bonnet actually Mark,  have you got any ideas where I could source one from?  I've rang a few local scrappies and they have never heard of a toyota roadster...toyota...roadster..a roadster..made by toyota? we must be a careful bunch.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

Adam, (JapGT300) has I beleive just purchased a couple of MRS from Japan which are going to be broken when they arrive.

might be worth a chat.

did you kill yours or are you up to something  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

haha up to something! Despite dissing the scrappies one has just come up trumps! £10 (one side is knackered)

I don't know if you have ever seen the mesh on the Carrera GT engine cover, well they have mesh that pops up through the engine cover and I think looks fantastic.  

m http://www.universoautomotriz.com/multi ... GT%207.jpg m

So I was thinking that I might cut out the slats each side, and make a mesh that will go underneath and pop out of the engine cover a la Carrera GT.  Plus it will aid cooling in the summer.  So i need a practice bonnet to see how easy the slats can be cut, and smoothed before messing with my own.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

markiii

well a few of us have meshed under the slats, but I wish you luck with that one, it doesn't look the easiest job in the world.
£10 is a good price though.

MRMike

I know! it will probably be shoddy hence the price but its only for trying the idea out. Im just going to have a bit of fun see what it looks like..if it looks good enough i'll post some pics and a template.  If not I'll use the bonnet for sledging next year.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Comer

I wouldn't mind having the rear bonnet with a glass section instead of mesh and slats so you can see the engine bay (a la Ferrari) but what a job that would be.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

MRMike

I know i also thought about that..but getting a sufficient glass/lexicon material would be really difficult. Glass would be difficult to attach, lexicon or similar would cloud I would imagine.   I asked a ferrari dealer what material was on the 360 but he wouldn't say. Plus i think realistically i would only be able to do a square shape, which might look a bit "spider cage" I gave up on that idea and settled for the mesh GT idea instead.

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: