MR2 turns 360 Spyder.......

Started by darrenjuggins, April 6, 2006, 13:26

darrenjuggins

LINK

Anyone, Anyone......

I know, I was just looking on E-bay and saw it, thought it was amusing!

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

if i owned a mr2 i would buy that kit
saw it on top gear...looks amazing

pissed ferrari off a little also apparently

aaronjb

Been discussed before (though never as a poll)  s;) ;) s;)

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... hlight=360 m

I'd give my opinion - but last time I did that Liz piped up that I'd changed my mind, as six months before I posted something different..  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

edward.carter

the one on topgear was a mk2 mr2 and it was a 355 bodykit.

didnt look to bad as the size was correct.
that kit however is way smaller than a real 360 so doesnt look right, definate no no from me

Anonymous

You'd be a proper fool (imo) to buy that!

darrenjuggins

Hi Aron,

I thought it had been on before, but I was bored (it's a friday for me today) so I thought i'd have a laugh and as you say, never as a poll before.....

We should see if we can get someone with a kit to display it on our stand.... or may be NOT!

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

ninjinski

Actually to be honest I really really really................... dont like that   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

Its get's a no from me.  I prefer the standard poor mans porcshe look.

Anonymous

ANY kit to make one car look like another is just foolhardy rubbish. What on EARTH is the point? EVERYONE will point and go "Ooohhh look, a fake Ferrari"..........yeah, a REAL great claim to fame that one............

If I can't have the real thing, then I would rather not have at all. Utterly daft idea............  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

spit

My NO vote just changed the stats by 1% - am I less important than you lot?  s:? :? s:?  

I've got a picture of this somewhere next to the original - craftily taken to make them look the same size but there are some dead giveaways.

In any case, why would you?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Give me a unique design of kitcar any day.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

edward.carter

just found a website for a 360 replica based on a 406 coupe so its the right size.

but at 25-35k for a turnkey, why not just buy a real ferrari? LINK

Chris_h

Doesn't do it for me.

I must admit some of the 355 kits I have seen on Mk2 MR2s are quite good (some are plain awful) But i would be totally embarassed to drive anything like that.

Its like living in a fantasy land that you are a millionaire - what is the point?  Those who know you have a kit with probably have a less that complimentary opinion of you.

I remember a few years ago when I read a kit car magazine, there was an article on a BMW Z3 lookalike kit for a Mazda MX-5...... WHy??????
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

edward.carter

Quote from: "Chris_h"I remember a few years ago when I read a kit car magazine, there was an article on a BMW Z3 lookalike kit for a Mazda MX-5...... WHy??????
No way... thats just funny  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Chris_h

Quote from: "edward.carter"
Quote from: "Chris_h"I remember a few years ago when I read a kit car magazine, there was an article on a BMW Z3 lookalike kit for a Mazda MX-5...... WHy??????
No way... thats just funny  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Edward,

The even more bizarre thing was (aside from the MX5 being a better car than the Z3) was that the kit cost c. £5000 - so an MX5 + kit (which was ropey GRP) cost more than a used Z3    s:? :? s:?  

It was typical small magazine journalism - they obviously thought WTF? - but remained semi complimentary about the efforts.

Suffice to say, I don't think this company is in business any longer.....
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

edward.carter

Quote from: "Chris_h"Suffice to say, I don't think this company is in business any longer.....
I wonder why...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

what makes you think the mx5 is a better car than the z3?

each to their own kind of thing i suppose?

markiii

perhaps the fact that the Z3 was generally considered a posers car, not a particularly competent sports car.

whereas the mx5 is lauded for it's handling. but like the 2 could use more oomph
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris_h

Quote from: "markiii"perhaps the fact that the Z3 was generally considered a posers car, not a particularly competent sports car.

whereas the mx5 is lauded for it's handling. but like the 2 could use more oomph

That is the basis for my opinion. Z3 (based on ancient 3 series running gear) was never considered a great car for its dynamic abilites. Having said that, I hanker after a Z3M Coupe...

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Chris_h"
Quote from: "markiii"perhaps the fact that the Z3 was generally considered a posers car, not a particularly competent sports car.

That is the basis for my opinion. Z3 (based on ancient 3 series running gear) was never considered a great car for its dynamic abilites. Having said that, I hanker after a Z3M Coupe...
My uncle had the M version for quite a few years. Very fast but just didn't have the handling ability  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

And they are one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Chris_h

Quote from: "Moleshome"And they are one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Somehow in Estoril Blue I can forgive the M coupe its 'challenging' looks.
It is another car that has depreciated very slowly and is now something of a cult car. They dropped lots initially, but prices holding firm (ish)

I still want one

Anonymous

The thing with the 360 kit is that one day a real 360 will pull up alongside you and the wannabe shame you'll feel then will far outweigh any perceived benefits the other 99% of the time  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

alancdavis

Wot do you do for a roof on the furra ree  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

tom_deas

Not looking at ACTUALLY buying these or even speculatively buying, I was just browsing and found this interesting...

MK3 Replica

£30000

Real Ferrari 360

£42000

Now, I'm not knocking the replica because I think it's brilliant. But if it was my money... I'd just spend £12k more to get the real deal? OBVIOUSLY its not like for like - at the end of the day its going to be more than £12k extra as the servicing will be more etc... but if you're investing that much in a folly... why not invest a bit more and get the real beans? Seeing as the car markets crashing as it is so the price is only going down... I'm just saying if it was my money thats what I'd go with.

Not that I'm at all knocking the replica for speculative buyers because it really is an immaculate replica IIRC!

Thoughts, anyone?
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

Chris_h

Tom,

I assume you know the replica has been covered in detail on this forum?

I guess its horses for courses, I am not a massive fan of reps myself, but if you want the looks without the ££££ of running, the rep may suit some folks - it certainly was an impressive effort.

Tags: