MR2 turns 360 Spyder.......

Started by darrenjuggins, April 6, 2006, 13:26

tom_deas

Quote from: "Chris_h"Tom,

I assume you know the replica has been covered in detail on this forum?

I guess its horses for courses, I am not a massive fan of reps myself, but if you want the looks without the ££££ of running, the rep may suit some folks - it certainly was an impressive effort.

Yes indeed. No doubt about it, it's a brilliant effort and a brilliant car.

I'm just saying, if it was me sat there with £30k, I'd PERSONALLY think to myself "hmmm, I'd rather wait a bit longer and get the real biscuit"

Which is probs gonna get LOADS of rap from people over the fact I buy cheap car parts   s:D :D s:D  

But I'm just wondering peeps opinions is all. Not bashing this replica in the slightest - if you're gonna have a replica, thats the one to have, its no expense spared no doubt about it. Just curious whether - given how much disagreement there was on here about whether doing a replica job in the first place is worth it all - what other peeps would do if it was their cash.
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

TJK

Quote from: "tom_deas"
Quote from: "Chris_h"I'm just saying, if it was me sat there with £30k, I'd PERSONALLY think to myself "hmmm, I'd rather wait a bit longer and get the real biscuit"

As a DIY project it would cost nowhere near £30,000 to complete, making it a bit more of viable alternative.
[size=75]EX -[/size][size=75] 1999 MR-S - TTE spoiler [/color]- TTE exhaust - TTE style bar - TTE chrome - 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 - Adjustable Springs[/size]

dubs

I tend to agree with Tom - I could see why people might take it on as a project or hobby in their spare time but anybody who is prepared to pay 30k for it already done has imo more money than sense
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

tom_deas

Quote from: "dubs"I tend to agree with Tom - I could see why people might take it on as a project or hobby in their spare time but anybody who is prepared to pay 30k for it already done has imo more money than sense

I wouldn't mind spending upto half the price of the real deal for a kit as it would be a lark. But, if I was going to do that, I'd probs consider getting a different kit car, as £20k can get you a lot of kit car!
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

uktotty

That first car is Steve's, awesome car, we saw him build it from scratch. Cheaper on fuel too:)

tom_deas

Quote from: "uktotty"That first car is Steve's, awesome car, we saw him build it from scratch. Cheaper on fuel too:)

no doubting at all that its an awesome car  s;) ;) s;)

ok how about change the premise to make it a bit less unbiased

MR2 based Lambo Gallardo replica - £30,000

Lambo Gallardo - £45,000

which would you go for

uktotty

LOL Its all pretty relative Tom!

Jaik

Quote from: "tom_deas"
Quote from: "uktotty"That first car is Steve's, awesome car, we saw him build it from scratch. Cheaper on fuel too:)

no doubting at all that its an awesome car  s;) ;) s;)

ok how about change the premise to make it a bit less unbiased

MR2 based Lambo Gallardo replica - £30,000

Lambo Gallardo - £45,000

which would you go for
A tasty Elise and a deposit on a house  s;) ;) s;)

tselwyn

Quote from: "Jaik"A tasty Elise and a deposit on a house  s;) ;) s;)

+1
[size=85]03 sable, bodykit, tte springs, dev\'s keyhole covers, tte

tom_deas

Quote from: "Jaik"A tasty Elise and a deposit on a house  s;) ;) s;)

+3

Ilogik

YUK!
All that money to make the car look shit lol. Could of built a nice GT replica for less with a turbo conversion or 2ZZ or V6 engine.

This has to be worse than the Ferrari one.

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gallardo-Replica- ... 240%3A1318 m
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

scottish_turbo

What gets me is that the centre of the wheels. They seem to be blurred out for some reason!

Ilogik

Think its for copyright.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

damonlaw88

I quite like the sides. If it didn't have a lambo front and rear end it would look nice.
Something like Celica headlights.
But i agree with u WHY!!!!!!!!!
2004 Black MR2 Roadster - 17" Advans RG White - Tein S Tech Springs - Trials Front bumper and Side skirts - Custom Black Headlight - Hardtop - GReddy Pillar Pod - Defi Oil Temp - Defi Oil Pressure - Defi control Link - Alpine CVA1004R - Centurion Multiregion DVD player - Acoustics Solution custom sub box - Alpine 10" type S - Alpine sat nav - Red caliper - CHE Manifold

StuM

Quote from: "Ilogik"Think its for copyright.

Yep, that particular auction site (quite rightly) don't sanction the sale of counterfeit goods, so any replica car would be removed if the ad in any way mentioned the original car from which it was copied.. or indeed showed the car with badges.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

MR 2ster

Controversial...but a lot of time and effort has gone into getting this car into something its not!! Big up for the effort but not to my taste!!!

http://355madman.piczo.com/430build?cr=7&linkvar=000044

Anonymous

That is FAT!!!

Anonymous

Hey guys,

Anyone else got a DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE 360 replica?
Some knob head has ripped off one of the perspex light covers off my front lights. I have been unable to contact DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE (i pray they havent gone bust!!).

Has anyone got any covers spare or anyone know where i can source a new pair outside of DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE.

I dont even mind if i gott apay someone to make some one-offs but dont know where to start - any ideas VERY! appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Duane

markiii

shame it looks nothing like a 430 really
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Another job from Steve then!
This did make me chuckle however

If he sells enough of these fakes, he can buy a proper one

uktotty

does anyone even know what a Dynamic Performance 360 is???

Anonymous

I'm guessing its a 360 replica kit.
Are dynamic performance the same as DNA?

markiii

probably looks more realistic now

sorry not very helpful, I beleive the are genuine Fezza lights in which case local ferrari dealer should be able to assist once they can see through teh tears  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

is there a fake plastic car website somewhere?

Anonymous

not very helpful guys when im looking for some help   s:( :( s:(

Tags: