MR2 turns 360 Spyder.......

Started by darrenjuggins, April 6, 2006, 13:26

Anonymous

and yes its like the DNA but better - its virtually a perfect copy fools everyone even when you take it to a garage! only the nerds like me can spot its a fake altho the MR2 seats do give it away   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Sorry, but feelings run high about kits.

Dna do a 360 replica, contact them, or as Mark says, an actual ferrari dealership.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dynamic360"and yes its like the DNA but better - its virtually a perfect copy fools everyone even when you take it to a garage! only the nerds like me can spot its a fake although the MR2 seats do give it away   s:D :D s:D

A team of plastic surgeons, dieticians, dentists etc could probably make Susan Boyle look enough like Cheryl Cole to fool most people, i still wouldnt sleep with her though.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

custardavenger

Quote from: "dynamic360"not very helpful guys when Im looking for some help   s:( :( s:(

Sorry Chap, We just haven't had many replicas on this site to have any information to offer. I presume you've tried Kit car clubs?

I take it it's not these guys?
 m http://www.dynamic-performance.co.uk/ m

If it's DNA then
DNA Automotive
Birmingham

Tel: 0121 360 1390

Official website:
 m http://www.dnaautomotive.com m

Best of luck
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

custardavenger

I'm quite impressed with some of that. (not the whole) Not sure I understand the roof. He didn't show any pictures of modifying it or fitting a different one and there are none of it down if it does still go down.   s:? :? s:?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

muffdan

There's one picture of it down, looks like it's still functional!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

uktotty

Sorry about the comments  but we are a club who is enthusiastic about driving and loving Mr2 Roadsters, you can see out despair when someone comes along and removes all the panels to turn it into a fake Italian sports car?
Bit like how chuffed real Ferrari drivers were when someone did this

MR 2ster

Yeah that pic of the engine bay made me chuckle!!! FAIL!!!

And yeah, not sure what he's done about the roof, I think its the stock one but he's cut the material to bring it in with a smaller window!

Anonymous

it's ok i have actually learnt my lesson and im trying to sell the car but cant do it till i sort the bloody light out!!! BOO

SimonC_Here

I'm always impressed with the workmanship that goes into these cars.

Not my cup of tea but you can't deny he's got some flair with the spanners!

Anonymous

Flippin heck, that is some serious effort!

Wabbitkilla

Sorry for the hard ride you're getting dynamic.

I'd definitely get in touch with DNA if i was you ... they're more likely than anyone else to be able to help you.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

Great effort, the thing I find that lets replicas down is how the wheels look and sit, they never look quiet right.

But the workman ship is wicked, and compared to some replicas its outstanding. What I don't get is when they can make these kits fit a mk3, and have the craftmanship, why do they do replicas when you could make something amazing from scratch.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

Quote from: "Ilogik"Great effort, the thing I find that lets replicas down is how the wheels look and sit, they never look quiet right.

But the workman ship is wicked, and compared to some replicas its outstanding. What I don't get is when they can make these kits fit a mk3, and have the craftmanship, why do they do replicas when you could make something amazing from scratch.

that and all of teh panel dimensions being wrong,

the windscreen rake

the interior

I could go on
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

interior is understandable, to average jo im sure it does its job
real

fake

As I say Id never buy or think of owning a replica, the biggest flaw in my eyes is the engine sound, after doing a driving day in one, and being hooked to Ferrari's since I was 2, the scream they produce is unforgettable.

m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsDMOzdpiOQ m

Sitting real next to fake, see what you mean about the panels being different, door looks totally out.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

see this is what cracks me up if your buying one you must be a fan of the original, so if teh end results looks so naff and would only fool someone whi isn;t an enthusiast and doesn;t even drive or sound liek teh real thing, what have you ended up with apart from a big hole in your wallet

give me a proper countach, miura, cobra replica for example thats built on a proper chassis with a suitable engine, and my opinion starts to change but sticking a few dodgy panels on an mr2 chasis is in teh same category as beetle based countache replicas from my youth, anyone remember teh panache?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

thanks all tried DNA - not very helpful

i got DP's phone number - will not take incoming calls

email - no reply

they either very busy or gone to the wall - will have to get some made - goodbye to about £500 i gues - BOOOOOOO

not goo dcustomer service from DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE

anyone ever had any dealings with anyone that can make lenses from scratch?

if i could work out how to insret a pic i would show you car!

Anonymous

Mmmm, now how could you work out how to post a pic?
Might be a clue in this post.

Anonymous

That poor MR2.  s:( :( s:(

Wabbitkilla

Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

enid_b

what a complete waste of time and money. it looks nothing like a real one, and i dread to think what it sounds like.

nicely put together from what i could see, but why why why and why.

to be honest, i have never been much of a ferrari lover. and, having driven a 360 or similar round a track, i was still less than impressed.

dread to think of the cost of this project, could have been better spent feeding the homeless, or working at some community project.

Each to their own.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

cclarke99

What a waste of time and effort. Take the best small sports car there is and make a poor quality copy of a Ferrari. However good the workmanship, I just don't see the point and I hate to see what looks like a nice MR2 being destroyed.

Peter Wright

They seem to be all the rage now
There is one on the cover and six page how to in this months KitCar magazine
Entitled the Italian MR2
  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

I think its awesome mate - have done a great job 99% looks for 20 price - wjy buy real thing and get the right exhaust and it sounds pretty close too!

ChrisHumes

i personally think its good, sounds good as well, the only thing letting it down is the mr2 interior. each to their own i think.

i think everyone is just a bit jealous of it, i would choose that everyday rather than a mr2

Tags: