new car.....

Started by Anonymous, July 24, 2009, 09:21

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"ouch,

What happens to your present policy? Is is still active? If you buy another, can it not be covered by your present policy still for the next 12 months? I guess you'll still have the problem of zero years NCB at the end of it though.

Jason

Might be if Benny buys another mr2? As you say though at the end of that time he will go back to zero no claims with a claim history, not good.
Perhaps they could give a rough quote of what they would expect his renewal to be?

spit

Re: everything that's being talked about here. I haven't been following too closely but it has been said before that Insurance companies /underwriters visit these public forums from time to time. Read into that what you will when discussing keepies and swaps and etc.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

wasnt aware of that spit, but we were just talking about it. i did consider it but i have declared everything now and its all "by the book".

enid_b

good show that man!
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

spit

djb, you have PM re: developing a sticky on this topic.
Ste

Anonymous

I bagsy thread naming rights as it was my awesome idea  s:D :D s:D

spit

You're very welcome if the OP OK's it Dan - what did you have in mind? "Morgan's first rule of ownership" perhaps?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I was thinking something more like 'BOW DOWN AND LISTEN TO MY WORDS OF WISDOM YOU USELESS FOOLS[/color]', or something equally as subtle.

I'm saving your suggestion though for the thread about how not to jack up your car on the stock jack when working on it though  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

spit

Safety First!

Anonymous

spit pm'd me and i gave him the ok to sticky this

Anonymous

so insurance is almost sorted

car has been confirmed as a total loss, and i got my first valuation today:

somewhere around £4350 which minus my excess (a whoppin £450) leaves me with £3900.

im chuffed with that as first offer i was expecting something rediculous, but obviously i told them that it would be very hard to replace the car for that sort of money here, and especially with hard top. she told me i was free to appeal that to get more as long as i could prove it would take more than that to replace the car; SO i suggested that we could leave the money at that, and i would hold on to the hard top (they know i have it but they never mentioned coming to pick it up as yet) as i could use it on another car if i bought one without HT. she took note of that and says someone will ring me back on monday.

i have to say; very pleasant (well, as pleasant as i think can possibly be expected) experience with endsleigh so far, and going by what has happened up until now i will highly recommend them to anyone   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

so you guys reckon i should take the next offer? or should i push them again?? i mean whats the point at which they say "ok we wont resolve this so we will have to get an ombudsman in", and they cant go back on the £4350 can they? because truth be told i think its very reasonable

cheers

onion86

I think the trying to keep the hardtop idea is a thought as you can at least get your excess back if that works out and you'd have got a very nice price for it. I'm not so sure whether you can push too much out of them as that does sound to me like a very reasonable offer. Good luck anyway! Bummer on the new insurance premium price with 0 NCB though  s:( :( s:(
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

yea hopefully they will let me keep it there is a guy on here interested and he is just down the road so maybe will get a result there   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

yes the insurance will suck! but its only going to be bad for this next year, when im 21 will drop away down again despite only 1 years no claims (if i dont crash!! *fingers crossed*)

onion86

Quote from: "djbenny1"when Im 21 will drop away down again despite only 1 years no claims
Yeah you tell yourself that, if you believe it then I'm sure it will happen  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Anonymous

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "djbenny1"when Im 21 will drop away down again despite only 1 years no claims
Yeah you tell yourself that, if you believe it then I'm sure it will happen  s:) :) s:)

http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/car/no-claims-bonus.html

and we all know insurance drops when you reach 21

and ive checked insurance prices for if i was 21 and they are a lot lower despite having only 1 year NCB

StuM

Quote from: "djbenny1"
Quote from: "onion86"

http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/car/no-claims-bonus.html

and we all know insurance drops when you reach 21

and ive checked insurance prices for if i was 21 and they are a lot lower despite having only 1 year NCB

You also have to bear in mind that even as you continue to accrue NCB, you will still be 'penalised' for the claim for the next 5 years...

I can't remember any age seeing a sharp decrease in insurance - it just steadily fell as I piled the years on!   s8) 8) s8)
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

claim finally settled today

in the end i agreed to a value of £4750 which leaves me with £4300 after my excess. the salvage guys are coming for the hard top though.

very pleased and even more pleased with the service endsleigh provided, highly recommend them!

time to get some new wheels sorted and then maybe back to a 2 in a few years when assurance isnt gonna rape me!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Chris_h

that is a stunning settlement/

I know prices are really firm at the moment, but wow! - that must be forecourt prices
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

enid_b

good work on your settlement. yeah the hardtop was the loss of an extra bonus, but its all karma. if you had tried to keep it, they would have offered you 4k. mark my words, earl is a legend
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

E

Now that seems like a result awesome payout should take a little of the sting out of it all. Keep In touch let us know what you get, and I distinctly remember premiums plummeting at 21 so don't leave it to long before you get back in a 2.
Take care

Tags: