2 tone Roadster - Opinions welcome!

Started by Anonymous, July 25, 2009, 13:53

Anonymous

I really need to get my standard alloys refurbed and was thinking of having them finished in black. I've also just got a TTE banana spoiler that needs spraying and fitting.

I've a Chilli red Roadster and was thining of having the spoiler painted black. With the black wheels and the black roof I think it'd look pretty good.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Has anyone done it before?

inert2k3

I think red with black wheels will look good   s8) 8) s8)   I'm not sure about the spoiler in black too but someone out there must have done it/photoshopped it so maybe they can help.

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

markiii

with black hardtop yes

with black softop no
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Gotta agree with Mark on this one.

My old mk2 was a similar colour scheme -- black top half, black wheels, carbon spoiler, but 'rarri red everywhere else.

With a soft top it wouldn't look right imo....

Ilogik

just got black hard top and a cf bonnet  s:) :) s:)  jobs a good un with the black wheels.

Once you add doing the black spoiler it looks a little DIY.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

JudoKilli

I'm not usually a fan of black wheels on red cars...but I think along with the hardtop and Banana it might look alright.

kentsmudger

Ignore me - I read this as "2 tonne Roadster"
  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

enid_b

just ask spit or the chairman.

i like it.  however, the black spoiler would look pump.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

for me, black wheels, red body and black leather seats would be sexual. if im honest, if i could have got a red 2 as good as my own for same price, i would have taken it.

BUT IMO the black spoiler will be shocking, and although i do think the black hard top is OK, i wouldnt have it on my car.

subtlety is the name of the game for me. and for black roof is too far, despite the soft top being black   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

if i were you, i would have:

black rims with a red lip (i saw them on wheel-base.co.uk earlier while browsing they were like 70 quid a wheel for 16s + 17s, 50 quid a wheel for 15s - no tyres)
red body, red hard top (if you have one), red spoiler.
black leather seats
red brake calipers

i will be doing all that excpt my car body parts are black and seats are red, other than that will be same   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Thanks chaps.

Black wheels and red spoiler it is!

Anonymous

good call   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

WillsSayers

My car has dark anthricite wheels, a black hard top, and black post-facelift side vents, and a while ago I was playing with photoshop to see how it looked with a black spoiler. Personally, I liked it; looked very over the top, but that's not a bad thing. But the general consensus was that it looked ridiculous.

Saying that, I think it's very difficult to get away with making bold appearance mods. I mean, look at alloy wheels, still makes me laugh that virtually every car manufacturer uses boring silver alloy wheels. And I'm sure it's just because changing colour would be too much change for people!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Dyn-Evo

Yeh Wills: I agree.....people don't like change at all, generally......!

I'm sure I'll be crucified on this forum when I reveal my Mk3 in all its glory...?!

..Same as I did on the Mk1 forum for spraying it Satin Black...but there were peeps that said it was cool, too...so its each to their own...!?  s:D :D s:D  

Bottom line is: they're OUR cars and we can do WTF we like with them...we dont have to seek the approval of anyone, nor take any notice of criticism for the mods we do...........!!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

2-tone: COOL!   s8) 8) s8)
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Wabbitkilla

As long as you enjoy it and like the way it looks, what does it matter?
I applaud people for trying the different thing, i might not do it myself but i applaud you all the same.

Satin Black? I've nocticed it's really dificult to get a consitent finish .. oh and keep it clean too?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

WillsSayers

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"Stuff

Ha, I swear I like you more and more with every post  s:D :D s:D

Why haven't we seen your mk3 then, are we waiting for a special day......? Or until you've done more mods?!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

philster_d

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"..Same as I did on the Mk1 forum for spraying it Satin Black...but there were peeps that said it was cool, too...so its each to their own...!?  s:D :D s:D  

Bottom line is: they're OUR cars and we can do WTF we like with them...we dont have to seek the approval of anyone, nor take any notice of criticism for the mods we do...........!!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

2-tone: COOL!   s8) 8) s8)

So is that you selling a carbon spoiler on ebay? I was like hmmm could work, then i read "I tried this on my MK3 but its too sharp lines"   s:) :) s:)

Dyn-Evo

Yeh..sure is..!  s:D :D s:D  

It WOULD work.....its just it looks better on the Mk1...but it would certainly improve downforce on a Mk3, too......

Its a matter of personal opinion, really.......?

With a Monocraft / Veilside kit, the CF wing would look   s8) 8) s8)  .......
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.

Turbotrucker

I have a Red '52' plate with black facelift vents and a black porsche replica spoiler! All my mates thinks it looks ace.
 I got hardtop recently too, but got a red one. I'm still thinkin' about painting it black. The red audi tt's look good like that and the roadster is much better looking, so, why not?? I think it's a good look.
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

Turbotrucker

Also contemplating gettin my wheels powder coated black to, but not enough cash at the moment  s:? :? s:?
2005 Sable grey Red edition,2zz by Rogue,Toyota GB skirts and spats.Markiii pipe+k&n Panel, Rogue manifold, Sports Cat,TTE Exhaust, TTE style bar, S2000 Seats, Mongo's;) Red Mohair Roof, Whiteline ARB's.

Dyn-Evo

Quote from: "WillsSayers"are we waiting for a special day......? Or until you've done more mods?!

Both...!  s:D :D s:D

WillsSayers

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"
Quote from: "WillsSayers"are we waiting for a special day......? Or until you've done more mods?!

Both...!  s:D :D s:D

Well dammit lad, I'm getting impatient! I'm still tempted to get my rear bumper inserts sprayed black...........

Tags: