Another reason not to trust your dealer !

Started by markiii, February 13, 2004, 16:28

markiii

Well, having had my spare set of wheels shod with new tyres ready for Anglesey I figured I'd put them on and let them scrub in for a week or so.

So I come to take off the set of wheels already on their and what do I discover?

Stupid gits have put the 6" on teh rear and the 6.5" on the front., the only time these wheels have been off, since the tyres were put on (they were right then I checked) was when Mr T replaced my alloys under warranty. Considering the locater pin is there to stop this happening they've actually had to remove the pins in order to bugger this up.

Lesson 1, never underestomate how stupid your dealer can be.

Oh and the tyres were on teh right ends, 205 on a 6" wheel and 185 on a 6.5"

wonder if this explains why the tyres have felt as horrible as they have.

Going to be an interesting conversation with toyota me thinks.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Comer

Quote from: "markiii"Well, having had my spare set of wheels shod with new tyres ready for Anglesey I figured I'd put them on and let them scrub in for a week or so.

So I come to take off the set of wheels already on their and what do I discover?

Stupid gits have put the 6" on the rear and the 6.5" on the front., the only time these wheels have been off, since the tyres were put on (they were right then I checked) was when Mr T replaced my alloys under warranty. Considering the locater pin is there to stop this happening they've actually had to remove the pins in order to bugger this up.

Lesson 1, never underestomate how stupid your dealer can be.

Oh and the tyres were on the right ends, 205 on a 6" wheel and 185 on a 6.5"

wonder if this explains why the tyres have felt as horrible as they have.

Going to be an interesting conversation with toyota me thinks.

OMG  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Which dealer should are you having a conversation with?
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

GSB

The problem with the locator pins is they have to take them out to fit the car to the balancing machine, and they dont always put them back in...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Good grief   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  I am coming to the conclusion that the majority are 'fitters' rather than true mechanics (although I rank myself below that at "amateur socket monkey"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

I am taking my rears off tomorrow anyway so will check mine.

markiii

the lack of locator pins through me at first, but the wheel sizes are stamped into teh spokes if you want to check.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

OMG!.  Ours is going in on the 27th to have 4 disks replaced under warrenty.

Will check they put the wheels on the right way round and my keys are still in the nice box as I left em.

Tags: