Rant about tyre fitting places!!!

Started by Anonymous, February 14, 2004, 10:39

Anonymous

As you know i recently had a set of Toyo's fitted to my '2.

When i left the fitters i noticed that they had badly damaged one of my wheels getting the old tyre off... not too much of a problem as i will either have them replaced due to bubbling or will get them all touched up at Pristine.

The worse (and probably dangerous) thing is that i said to him "can you put 26psi in the front and 32psi in the rear" "yeah no problem" he said. I then double check and say "you did put 26 in the front and 32 in the rear did you?" "yes mate" he says.... i check my tyres today and what do i find, 26psi all round!   s:x :x s:x    s:x :x s:x    s:x :x s:x    s:x :x s:x  no wonder ive had soo much rear end grip!!!

Note To Self: check every bit of work that is done on your car... just in case its worked on my chimps!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Numptys... you're lucky they knew what a tyre was by the sound of it.

Anonymous

Kris,

I've just installed my new Toyos and I'm currently bedding them in. They seem to be a bit skittish on the rears just now, but always improving (now 100miles).

My question to you is.......... the square shoulder / rim protector on the Toyos seem to sit on the edge of the alloy and overhang only 2-3mm.

The original rear Bridgestones did have a slight gap between the alloy rim and the tyres rim protector, prehaps to allow the tyre sidewall to flex and keep the tread pattern square to the contact patch.

Any comments ?

Puggman

PS PM me your e-mail and I can send you some pics.

Anonymous

comments on what? I had yokos before mate so not sure what the bridgestone slook like. send me the pics (will pm you in a sec) and ill take a look.

heathstimpson

Kris who did you use to fit your new tyres so that I can put them on my local black list  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: