Janspeed update and warning

Started by Wabbitkilla, July 31, 2009, 19:39

Wabbitkilla

Peeps,

Custard and i have just had some disturbing information from the Janspeed facttory.

Repeatedly we have both asked if the exhaust has a catalyst on board and repeatedly the salesmen have confirmed it does. Custard is on good terms with the guys at the factory and recently paid them s visit in relation to another project.

He has learned from the guys on the floor that therr IS NO CATALYST in the pipe. Which now explains the cost. This is a severe annoyance to me, but not disastrous. I bring this to your attention so you have the opportunity to take any action you feel is needed.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

bugger, is it advertised as such?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Advertising is suitably vague, which is why i asked in the first place.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

DannyN

2 questions then.

1) Have you had an MOT since fiting
2) Why have thy bothered to put the section in that looks like a CAT? just to try to fool someone taking a glance?
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Wabbitkilla

That section that looks like a cat is apparently a resonator.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Prolex-UK

I've stopped dealing with them................

Took money from me twice for same customer and took 6 months to get it back..................

Well never got it back someone else bought one and I nver paid for it..........

Shame as they were a good company seem to have lost there way
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

MR 2ster

Well thats me decided then...I was going to try and save a few quid by getting the Janspeed...I'll just save a bit more and get a Blitz!!!   s:D :D s:D

DannyN

Had the Blitz then got the H&S,  much prefer the look and the noise so now I'm a happy bunny   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

MR 2ster

Where and how much is the H&S?

Prolex-UK

can do a good deal on HKS one.................as well as TOM's................and Kakimoto   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

Peter Wright

Quote from: "MR 2ster"Where and how much is the H&S?
m http://www.haywardandscott.com/ m
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Blueflame  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sorry Nic  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Wabbitkilla

Sodit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I still love the noise it makes   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Now if Zero could only produce my manifold as quick as Janspeed delivered my full exhaust!
Oh yes, over three months and still waiting ... might go for a custom manifold or H&S at this rate

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Sodit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I still love the noise it makes   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Now if Zero could only produce my manifold as quick as Janspeed delivered my full exhaust!
Oh yes, over three months and still waiting ... might go for a custom manifold or H&S at this rate

I rang him every week until it was made  s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

custardavenger

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Sodit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I still love the noise it makes   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

You could always get in on the custom one I'm getting made?

As for Janspeed. I am personally still happy with them. They have been very helpfull with all my questions. I wouldn't want this to put people off buying one but more inform them on what they are really getting. I personnally never believed it had a cat in it so am not bothered either way.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Wabbitkilla

Oh, I agree Rob... completely.

It is still a great exhaust, well thought ought out and put together.
This is really just to make people aware of what they are buying or have bought and make their minds up what they want to do about it.

I won't be removing mine in digust because i love it's sound and it's a great piece of kit at a good price. I can always get a cat welded in.

Ilogik

Quote from: "Prolex-UK"can do a good deal on HKS one.................as well as TOM's................and Kakimoto   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Can you get the Kakimoto g1 1.0z, or specs of it, have a titanium one on my car, it says they are worth a fortune in every other country, but never found any proper info or specs or cost in the uK.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

AllanE

Quote from: "custardavenger"You could always get in on the custom one I'm getting made?

Probably a bit late, but what manifold are you having made, please?

uktotty

Quote from: "AllanE"
Quote from: "custardavenger"You could always get in on the custom one I'm getting made?

Probably a bit late, but what manifold are you having made, please?
A copy of the Zero

custardavenger

Not quite like the Zero. I'm going for a diferent route through the engine bay rather than under the rear beam, with equal length runners. Not made yet as I don't have the funds quite yet.
Project Custard Clicky

AllanE

That's just the plan I had - manifold tubes over the subframe.
My problem is, it's looking like a grand plus the vodka & tonic for the whole exhaust, which is a bit offputting after what I've shelled out on other engine bits.
Must be a cheaper way...

custardavenger

Only making it yourself. I've looked into it lots and before I got the Janspeed it was looking at £1200 for complete exhaust. Currently I'm looking at the £370 paid for my Janspeed plus £500ish for a manifold and I may fork out for a cat while I'm at it. So that money is about right.
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: