You might appreciate these!

Started by Anonymous, February 14, 2004, 17:25

Anonymous

Been lurking for a while and thought i might as well make a post or two  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Thought that you might be interested in a few videos myself and a few friends took whilst out in europe last year!

See them here -  m http://www.powerandtorque.co.uk/meets/e ... 03/videos/ m

The BEST video out of all of them is the one entitled "Simon's run down the mountain driving Anthony's MR2" - Mainly because it is just one of the best videos on the planet ever!  s:D :D s:D  

Enjoy!

Cheers
Simon

SteveJ

What Codec did you use? I can't view them using MediaPlayer 9

Anonymous

same with me - i can view the MPEG's but i cant see the avi's

Anonymous

Ditto  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

It is the Divx codec http://www.divx.com although one of the avi's I can't get to play.

Liz

Not working for me either
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

I got the run down the hill working... shows it's one thing catching, and another passing.

Anonymous

I think they were DivX 5.05 IIRC.

You're not wrong, i was alright once i got past the other cars but the road was too twisty and the car doesn't quite have the power to do a full overtake on those roads without assistance!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It does go sideways easy enough tho  s8) 8) s8)  

Cheers
Simon

Anonymous

'tis a good vid.  Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

Hey Simon, you may be interested in what the Elise group do every year. They have a grand european bash taking in the Stelvio. Details at http://www.stelvio.org.uk

I joined them with my 2 last year for a few days. Good guys. Mad however.

Anonymous

Yeah i know about the stelvio thing - I'm thinking about doing it this year, but last year i organised our own event, and am doing the same this year!

Going for 2 weeks in the height of Summer and doing the BEST roads known to man down in southern europe - So there will be another load of videos in a few months time!!!  s8) 8) s8)  

Hope you all enjot them!

Victor - I saw the vid from last years stelvio meet, what was up with the guys driving going up the hill, had everyone planned to let him film going up or was he just driving like a man possesed?

Cheers
Simon

I will admit to not filming a few of the things  we did, for legal reasons tho...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Loon18"Victor - I saw the vid from last years stelvio meet, what was up with the guys driving going up the hill, had everyone planned to let him film going up or was he just driving like a man possesed?

Cheers
Simon

I will admit to not filming a few of the things  we did, for legal reasons tho...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

A bit of both. The driver was the organiser, and he had to get to the top 1st. One guy had his car impounded in France, another fined about ukp700 in Switzerland   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Admittadley we only had 4 cars, and 2 of those that got stopped for doing over 110 got away with it!

Sound like a likeminded bunch of people! - Are you going again this year?

Oh and we managed to leave teh 'ring and sit at an indicated 130 for nearly 2 hours!!! - only stopping for fuel and slower cars!  s8) 8) s8)  

Cheers
Simon

Anonymous

Quote from: "Loon18"Admittadley we only had 4 cars, and 2 of those that got stopped for doing over 110 got away with it!

Sound like a likeminded bunch of people! - Are you going again this year?

Oh and we managed to leave the 'ring and sit at an indicated 130 for nearly 2 hours!!! - only stopping for fuel and slower cars!  s8) 8) s8)  

Cheers
Simon

We may join for 2 days as Obergurgl is not to far from where we live.

Anonymous

Thinking of tagging along depending on what car i have at the time, i'm trying to get a Caterham orgainised for when i do my own couple of weeks out there this summer!!!!

kanujunkie

to all who can't see the vids, try ffdshow, its an add on viewer and allows media player to run just about anything
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: