rear spoiler

Started by alancdavis, August 12, 2009, 17:02

alancdavis

Finaly got around to fitting my spoiler

Before    s:| :| s:|  

After  s:D :D s:D
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

uktotty

whole thing looks good Alan

markiii

hmm me thinks it looked better without
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

alancdavis

Quote from: "markiii"hmm me thinks it looked better without
Thanks Mark  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    Thats what my son said                   BooHoo                          Have I done the right thing
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

markiii

I might have added a ducktail personally but that would be it.

hopefully you just mocked it up before drilling the lid?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Wright

Quote from: "markiii"hmm me thinks it looked better without
Hmm, I think it looks better with
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

ex-member

I like it  s:) :) s:)  Finishes off the back end nicely  s:) :) s:)

muffdan

I'm in Mark's camp here, I think it looks better without. The rear bumper alone suites the shape of the stock car beautifully and the spoiler makes it all look too square, if you know what I mean.

Of course this is coming from the guy who has a green car! What do I know about taste  s:) :) s:)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

alancdavis

Quote from: "markiii"I might have added a ducktail personally but that would be it.

hopefully you just mocked it up before drilling the lid?
s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  what is "mocked"

markiii

tes fit? positioned for aestitic purposes only?

anything that allows you to see wether its a good idea BEFORE you drill

E

It looks really good Alan, nice job mate.  s8) 8) s8)

JudoKilli

I reckon it looks good, but I think I preferred it without. That really small little tiny spoiler that you can get might have worked better IMO (what's that spoiler called? I might get one)

inert2k3

There are always going to be some who like/dislike a spoiler, but as long as you like it Alan, then thats all that matters at the end of the day.

(If you've drilled your boot lid and now having second thoughts... then thats another problem altogether!)

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

inert2k3

Quote from: "JudoKilli"I reckon it looks good, but I think I preferred it without. That really small little tiny spoiler that you can get might have worked better IMO (what's that spoiler called? I might get one)

You mean the one that looks like a miniture version of the ducktail spoiler... can't remember if its called the lip spoiler?

02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"I'm in Mark's camp here, I think it looks better without. The rear bumper alone suites the shape of the stock car beautifully and the spoiler makes it all look too square, if you know what I mean.

Of course this is coming from the guy who has a green car! What do I know about taste  s:) :) s:)

I always thought the rear of the car cried out for a spoiler, but as you can see, opinions vary. Basically, your car, its what you like that counts.

alancdavis

After the pros and cons now I am confused    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

DannyN

There is enough pros and cons for that not to matter Alan.
The biggest thing is "Do You Like It ???"
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

alancdavis

Yes............................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

JudoKilli

Quote from: "alancdavis"Yes............................................  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Whoop!!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

inert2k3

Good!

Now dont let yourself be swayed by anyone who says they dont like it!

02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Ilogik

I like it it with and without the spoiler, now theres one for you.

But one think I would say it maybe paint the inserts up satin black, just to break up the rear a bit, too much red for my liking. Having the black bit painted in breaks it up a bit giving an impression it hangs lower and more curvy, with the complete red makes it look more boxy.

The not so extreme one

the more extreme one

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

loadswine

I actually like it just as it is, but as some have said, that's not at all important. I agree, if you like it, then that's all that matters. Appearance mods are so subjective, people will never agree.  So enjoy it mate.  s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

inert2k3

Quote from: "Ilogik"I like it it with and without the spoiler, now theres one for you.

But one think I would say it maybe paint the inserts up satin black, just to break up the rear a bit, too much red for my liking. Having the black bit painted in breaks it up a bit giving an impression it hangs lower and more curvy, with the complete red makes it look more boxy.

The not so extreme one

the more extreme one

I know what you mean about there being too much red at the rear. I really like those mock-ups Ilogik - good idea!   s8) 8) s8)  

02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

MR 2ster

Extreme one gets my vote!!   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

uktotty

Why buy a red car and paint it black, its like the morons who have an orange car with a carbon bonnet in black!
If you dont like red, dont buy a red car, simples!

Tags: