RoadAngel hard at work >;)

Started by Hope4Sun, February 17, 2004, 20:25

Hope4Sun

Here's a little vid showing my Road Angel kindly alerting me to the nice police officer standing a few hundered meters up the road  s:) :) s:) , don't ask how we had someone with a digital camera in the car, who just happened to be filming ( so sorry for the quality and lack of sound  s:( :( s:(  )

Of course i was sticking to the speed limit any way, and the nice office even smiled and gave us a nod to show how happy he was that we were driving so carefully, poor guy, i know he was only doing his job an all  s:) :) s:)

Better to right click and save then to stream direct:

m http://www.euroroadster.com/Images/Misc/RoadAngel.AVI m

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Anonymous

Class!

Liz

What model is that Andy, I didn't think that they all picked up the handheld cameras??  I WANT ONE!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Hope4Sun

Its the lastest one available , just be sure it has the added laser detector in the box (and on the side of) and "bobs ya uncle" and "shiny and clean's ya licence" (well mine will be in about 1000000000000000000000000 years   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Andy

Liz

Going to surf for one now! Cheers Andy

Anonymous

forget the road angel, the coolest thing about that is your super cool display in the middle of your dash... I still want a spin in your beast!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Liz

is this the one and is this a good price for buy it now, and could I fit it???
Just checked with VAT is £321.75 - still good price??

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=14946 m

Hope4Sun

Thats the one and the price is very good  s:) :) s:) , fitting, involves pluging the thing into your PC, download the lastest data and then pop it on your dash along with the power to the cigarate lighter, job done  s:) :) s:)

Though i thought carrying a warrant card is as good as having one isn't it Liz   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Don't worry kris (and others  s;) ;) s;)  ) your ride still stands, next time theres a big meet not to far i'll pop along, or theres always the JAE. The MFD is very cool, it has so many settings, the basic one there showing my torque split and my boost  s:) :) s:)

Andy

markiii

worth considering the origin b2 Liz as well. I got mine for £335
inc vat
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"Here's a little vid showing my Road Angel kindly alerting me to the nice police officer standing a few hundered meters up the road  s:) :) s:)

I love the little group "yeah" as it goes off   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"I love the little group "yeah" as it goes off   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

s:D :D s:D  , shame theres no sound   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Andy

MRMike

Quote from: "andy"Don't worry kris (and others  s;) ;) s;)  ) your ride still stands, next time theres a big meet not to far i'll pop along, or theres always the JAE. The MFD is very cool, it has so many settings, the basic one there showing my torque split and my boost  s:) :) s:)

Andy

Not sure if I saw right but your boost red zone is set pretty low! whats going on!  Have you had any mods to yours by the way andy?

Need to get one of those my Snooper is distictly old hat now and wouldn't have picked that up.. though if ever you need to pick up a traffic light..
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

[mod: Due to excessive drift, this topic has been split. The rest of the off topc thread can be found in chit chat under "red zones" /MOD]

dancarbon

s:D :D s:D  Pretty cool.

Did you spot the copper, go home and get the camera and then go back??  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Liz

Well I was impressed with what I saw with the "Lasar" (Austin Powers fans will know what I mean with the " "!!) that I have bought one of these off of e-bay for £315.00 inc p & p, as they retail at £399.00 I didn't think that was bad, and you get the first years subscription for free.

As one of my main roads to work is a lovely wide dual carriageway (those on the Chelmsford meet - it was the one where we boxed in the MGF  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  !) The police have started lying in wait with the Lasar guns in the laybys, so I would rather be safe than sorry, not that I go mad, but I do like to gun along a bit sometimes.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Hmmm, I've been thinking about getting a Road Angel, but worry about leaving it plugged into the car, (in case some tea-leaf decides to help himself   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  ).

Is it easy to take in and out of the car?  Or is the unit mounted to the dash using screws?

(I'm hoping its just sucky pads!!!   s:D :D s:D  )

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Liz

On the e-bay link above it shows a dash mat, so I presume that you can take it in and out of the car easily, I am going to have to hide mine when at work just in case some traffic officer sees it and I get in trouble!!

Anonymous

I wonder if there are any issues with buying a used one from eBay?  Do you have to pay the 50 quid subscription charge all over again?  If so you might want to factor that into your bid....

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Liz

The one I have purchased is brand new and sealed so you get the year when you register it, once that year is up and if I am happy with it I will go for the £99 for life option, will let you know about the mountings when I get it.  I was hoping to be able to mount it on the little area to the right of the dashboard if the lead is long enough to go to the lasar detector in the middle of the screen. I also want to get it wired into the ignition to save the wire going to the ciggie lighter.

Hope4Sun

The unit comes with a rubber mat that you can sit it on, it also comes with a bracket that has suckers on it, like in the vid, you just pull the power and pop it in the glove box, job done.

As for your works pals seeing it Liz, as far as i know GPS Blackspot devices are not against the law  s;) ;) s;)

Andy

Liz

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"As for your works pals seeing it Liz, as far as i know GPS Blackspot devices are not against the law  s;) ;) s;)

Andy

Yeah!! To be honest my car would not be the only one in the car park with one..I was talking about this at work today and lots of people can't wait to see mine when I get it, you should be on commission Andy!   s:) :) s:)

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "Liz"Yeah!! To be honest my car would not be the only one in the car park with one..I was talking about this at work today and lots of people can't wait to see mine when I get it, you should be on commission Andy!   s:) :) s:)

Commission!, mmm that would be nice, that might help cover my ever increasing bills for car mods  s:) :) s:) , maybe i should have a word with the place we GB'd our Angels from  s:D :D s:D

Andy

Humble Jim

Interesting kit. We have two cars, only one of which is in use at a time normally. Sounds like it could comfortably be walked between them?
H&S Exhaust

Anonymous

Quote from: "Humble Jim"Interesting kit. We have two cars, only one of which is in use at a time normally. Sounds like it could comfortably be walked between them?
Yeah, apparently you just plug it into the cigarette lighter of the other car and off you go...!   s:D :D s:D  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Liz

Well got the Road Angel this morning, installed it, says on the instructions can take up to 45 mins to find the satellites, make that 45 seconds if that!! Been out and about playing with the buttons, went to my nearest speed camera and it bleated at me until I was past it.  I also managed to put it onto the dash board on the right hand side in the little space there and it still picks up a good signal, so far, well impressed and I  tucked away the wiring neatly as well!  

What I found really amazing though is the discrepancy between what the speedo reads and what the display on the Road Angel says, RA said I was doing 30 mph, my speedo says I am doing 34, so which do I believe, I am leaning towards RA as you are being tracked so surely that is the more accurate figure??

Tags: