RoadAngel hard at work >;)

Started by Hope4Sun, February 17, 2004, 20:25

Anonymous

Just to dig up an old thread...   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

After seeing Liz's Road Angel at the treasure hunt, I decided to take the (huge monetary) plunge and get one for meself. It arrived yesterday, and (after registration and d/l'ing the updates) today is the first day I've been able to give it a try. Just got back indoors after a brief 10-min spin to the nearest Gatso (just to check it works!), and have discovered something very interesting...

It turns out that the only blackspot in Braintree that I've discovered so far is RIGHT OUTSIDE MY HOUSE! Yes, that's right, I actually live in an accident blackspot!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   I know it's a bit dodgy reversing out of my drive onto the road, but that's mainly my fault because of where I park my truck, but it still came as a bit of a shock!

Still, was cool to see it flash as soon as I started to move the car...!

Anonymous

ekona

Just be VERY careful that you don't become a statistic in your own accident black spot!! I haven't had time to register mine yet nor set it up in the car.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

After trying a Snooper for a day I decided that it was time to buy a suitable camera detection unit. Having read up various reports I decided to go with the Road Angel.
I thought the Snooper (don't no exactly which model) was very good as it indicated which cameras etc. were primed. The constant bleeping disturbed me as it also seems to pick up petrol station security cameras and other devices that omit a signal. For some reason it also bleeped continuosly within half a mile of my house in all directions even on my drive. I put it down to the main TV transmitter close by.   s:? :? s:?  
The Road Angel seems a more mature device as it alerts you to all known cameras. Thereby encouraging you to reduce speed. As yet I've not encountered a hand held laser gun to test the laser device, so I'm not entirely sure if this item works sufficiently well enough. As I fear once a laser has detected you the Road Angel bleep will be too late, assuming your speeding of course.

Anonymous

Just a thought: would a simple 'laser pointer' (like the ones used for presentations / annoying people) be enought to set the RA off? Obviously police speed guns use a different type of laser, but it would be nice to know if I've set the RA up at the right angle to detect them...

Hope4Sun

Quote from: "ekona"Just a thought: would a simple 'laser pointer' (like the ones used for presentations / annoying people) be enought to set the RA off? Obviously police speed guns use a different type of laser, but it would be nice to know if I've set the RA up at the right angle to detect them...

You can test the RA laser sensor with TV remote controls as it states in the Manul, i tried this and found a SKY remote seems pretty good for it, i guess laser pointers would work though  s:) :) s:)

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tags: