Selling price advice ;-(

Started by Anonymous, February 18, 2004, 14:49

Anonymous

s:( :( s:(  

Looks like the 2 may have to become a victim of circumstance shortly, disaster.

Prices vary from guide to guide and I was after some kind of feedback as to which price I should at least start to look at for a private sale.

2003 (03 plate) Silver, AC & Hard Top, Chrome "styling" bar, chrome interior pack, leather seats (red), hard top stand and cover, multichanger, sill plates. 11,000 miles (had first Toyota service)

Absolute mint, far too anal to allow car park dings etc.

Any advice/starters for ten would be much appreciated.

Slacey

I'd expect at least 15k....
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Sorry to hear you may have to sell up.

What i would suggest is going to  w www.parkers.co.uk w  and get a rough price. Then look on somewhere like  w www.autotrader.co.uk w  and see what other people sell theirs for.

Remember your unlikely to get all your money back on the extra accessories like styling bar, chrome kit etc...

HTH

Anonymous

I paid the dealer about £16.5K for a similar spec car, similar mileage, similar age (when I bought it).

Anonymous

15 grand sounds about right...

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

markiii

Quote from: "phil4"I paid the dealer about £16.5K for a similar spec car, similar mileage, similar age (when I bought it).

ouch I paid a grand less than that new  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "phil4"I paid the dealer about £16.5K for a similar spec car, similar mileage, similar age (when I bought it).

ouch I paid a grand less than that new  :-) :-) :-)

I know  s:) :) s:)  c'est la vie.

markiii

if it makes you feel better, I saved a grand due to someone losing their deposit, how many people want a yellow, one?

they just wanted to shift it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"if it makes you feel better, I saved a grand due to someone losing their deposit, how many people want a yellow, one?

they just wanted to shift it.

Me!

check my avatar!

Anonymous

Cheers troops....

Going to hang off as long as possible so I can at least get some top down driving done until the Sun packs up again.

Would be chuffed with anything over £15K then by the sounds of it.  Not too many 03s on Autotrader yet!

God forbid, might have to look at a top spec Rav 4, always the SLIMMEST of chances MR T might offer a good deal.........

Anonymous

Wait until the Spring / Summer to sell, best time to sell a MR2..........

Just out of interest, are you selling any bits before you trade-in. Can I have 1st call on your CD changer and cill plates ?

cheers,
Puggman

Anonymous

More than likely I would be.  No point in handing over an autochanger/sill plates/hard top cover & stand/mats to someone else unless they specifically ask for them.

Had a bizarre sensation yesterday which took me to look at a Kia Sorento.  Badge snobbery apart, that is a major piece of kit with some impressive figures behind it and an even more impressive price.  

Dogs and sprogs, not fair I tell you......

Anonymous

If you are selling bits I would be interested in stand and cover.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Well ours will definitely be going in September.  We are going to enjoy the roadster during the summer, then get a new reg plate Celica in September.

If we where do do the swap now, we have only been offered £13,500 from the dealer as a tradin (2003 model, 52 plate, 6000 miles).  Luckily they have offered £5k for the focus so at least we can cover the £14k left on finance for the 2.

God knows what it will not be worth in September.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

depends if you drive it or not.  :-) :-) :-)

last I heard we'd convinced that you would never sell it.

And you only just bought the focus so will loose on that as well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"If we where do do the swap now, we have only been offered £13,500 from the dealer as a tradin (2003 model, 52 plate, 6000 miles).

At my local Mr T yesterday they had a red X-reg '2 on the forecourt... with a sticker price of £13500!! Unless it has a tiny mileage... very pricey! Mine was only £2k more than that brand new 3 years ago.

Tim

Anonymous

Still to speak to Mr T about a spec'd up Rav 4, but Kia Sorento is on a three month waiting list anyway.  Suits me as I want to get the hardtop off and some serious top down motoring before I have to bid a fond farewell.

By that time, doggy will no longer be a pup and will require a £20K car that suits her, outrageous, but them's the breaks!

Anonymous

Doff the cap to Toyota (Dunfermline)

They have a very similar model to mine on their forecourt for £16,995 which is a bit steep, but they've offered £16,000 against a new and discounted top spec Rav 4.

If I can get over £16,000 in a private sale, then all the better.  Anyone interested?  Needless to say, I would keep the car intact for that price, autochanger etc.

GSB

Very, very, very doubtful you'll get over £16k offered private... take a look out of your window to see why. Its not sports car weather ot there...

The price you've been offered comes with no quibbles, no test drives and no grief. If I were you, I'd take it.

(Actually... If I were you? I'd be hanging my head in shame and physically ill at the thought of owning a Rav 4. Awful cars...)
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Yep, we ended up with £14k for the 2 and £4.5k for the focus.  Although its a crap price, we are happy, and will now be getting our Celica for £19.5k so in a month that will be worthless too   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Quote"we are happy"
By that I mean we are happy with the price, NOT getting rid of the 2.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"and will now be getting our Celica for £19.5k  

I didnt think you were going for the T-Sport? I think my boss paid around the 20k mark for the T-Sport version.

Two's Company

My mum was interested in a Celica T-Sport, my dealer said it would cost around £19.5k   s:? :? s:?  
(I have bought 2 cars off them already though!)

Anonymous

The high trade in would be the only reason to get a Rav 4, hence I'll not be!

Tags: