FLOCKING

Started by alancdavis, September 18, 2009, 18:54

Ilogik

This is flocked dash, maybe its the picture, but it reminds me heavily of tarmac

Im pushing for alcantra lol.

This one don't look too bad though

I think flocking will be like...

Best advice I could give is try it on a small piece of scrap see how it looks,
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

dj2k21

Hey, I wil lget some pics of flocked interior up asap.
As far as price goes, for the following:

dashboard
door cards
centre console
door sills
windscreen surround

total of £250 inc vat

then a further £350 for:

glovebox
sun visors
arm rests
handle to close the doors
nav pod

to be done in silver/grey leather to match my cobra seats

mine is jet black flock which looks really good, and you can barely see the dimples in the dashboard anymore, it apparently does not fade, and is really really hard wearing. simply use the brush attatchement of your hoover to clean it and its even water proof to a certain extent so warm soapy water wont hurt either.

anyways, hope this helps guys  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

inert2k3

Quote from: "dj2k21"dashboard
door cards
centre console
door sills
windscreen surround

total of £250 inc vat

Wow thats a lot less than I thought it would be   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

dj2k21

yes its far far far cheaper than something like a full leather re-trim which runs in the thousands rather than hundereds usually. and it really does transform the interior, as daft as it sounds aswell, my steroe seems to sound better, the car feels warmer inside, and also not as much vibration and road noise, think it does contain insulation and sound deadening properties though. my only advise really would be to choose carefully which bits you want doing. and adding leather touches here and there breaks it up nicely, because it is very very black indeed. in direct sunlight, because of the way its laid on the dashborard it kinda from a distance as a carbon fiber look to it  s:) :) s:)  but the good think about flock over leather is, it will always be a perfect match, so if you get 1 bit done and decide to get more done it will look identical where as leather have batch numbers on, and you never really get 100% perfect match with different batch numbers.

any questions feel free to ask  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

alancdavis

Got any pictures ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Forgive me for my post, I am the owner of RKDE-Designs Ltd, who did the flocked part for Roger...

I have quite a few photos of flocked parts on my gallery,  m http://www.rkde-designs.co.uk/gallery.htm m  
My view is flock tbh, I see Alcantara all the time and I do not think it is that exciting especially at over £100 per meter!

If you have any questions and I can help please let me know, Also I understand if my link needs to be removed due to not being a sponsor of this site "currently"

As said in an above post, be careful how much you have done, once its on - it on, the only way off is a belt sander! I am happy to give any advice you may need. Also its worth questioning what machines are used to flock, some small companies use a brush and a roller which tbh never gives and excellent finish, while I am a small company I use a compressor and spray adhesive which gives a more even finish, no to mention the flock applicator needs to be a 60,000KV for a good overall finish.

roger

Thanks for the post Richard. As discussed we can talk abouit affiliation or commercial sales when we see how the land lies.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

uktotty

Might be the perfect solution for anyone who bought the new centre console

scottish_turbo

There are pictures up on here somewhere of my flocked dash. It is just the horrible dimples that were flocked in black. Looks good, much better than the dimples in my opinion.

roger

Here are the photos of my flocking. Definitely jet black - not purple!

Roger

aaronjb

Y'know, I could quite go for more of the interior done like that..

Although maybe not in the Liberace purple...   s:P :P s:P   s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"Although maybe not in the Liberace purple...   s:P :P s:P   s;) ;) s;)

Blame the lighting - perhaps a competant photoshopper could make it the colour it should be.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Roger

Wabbitkilla

I quite like that Roger, but i've always been concerned how flocking wears, you'll have to keep us updated with its life
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

alancdavis

Looks good......I will get mine done when I have time
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

inert2k3

Ive seen this in real life, and I dont know how you made it look so purpley Roger as it was definately black when I saw it!

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

StuM

Quote from: "roger"Blame the lighting - perhaps a competant photoshopper could make it the colour it should be.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Like this?

On a serious note Roger, what is the texture of the flocking?  Does it feel suede-like?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

DannyN

Stu thats coooooool    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)    s8) 8) s8)
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

alancdavis

Photoshop expert.........  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

roger

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "roger"Blame the lighting - perhaps a competant photoshopper could make it the colour it should be.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Like this?

On a serious note Roger, what is the texture of the flocking?  Does it feel suede-like?

Oh go on, do me a black one as well. Pleeeese.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As to texture, the way the flocking is done is that all the bits stand on end (due to the electric charge), so really it is rougher than suede, more like very closely woven carpet
Roger

StuM

Quote from: "roger"Oh go on, do me a black one as well. Pleeeese.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oh, alright then...

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

roger

Aaaaaah. That's more like it. Thanks Stu.

I reckon I should confirm who did it -  m http://www.RKDE-Designs.co.uk m  Richard Everitt 07961231995. See post from him above.
Roger

Anonymous

roger

Quote from: "nelix"Cheapo imitation?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   a good use for old mats   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Roger

Anonymous

Cheers Roger, looks good except your camera is the same as mine   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  every time I photo black it comes out that colour I found that all lumix camera lenses do that!

If any wants any other colours that can be done too.

By the by if you do phone and I don't answer leave a message  s:) :) s:)  far too many missed calls when I am flocking!

WillsSayers

Quote from: "RKDE-Designs"... when I am flocking!

Steady on lad!

May well be sommat I look in to when I come to sorting out the interior. Depends how it affects the wallet  s:) :) s:)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Tags: