Chrome design grilles

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2003, 14:52

Anonymous

Anyone fitted chrome design grilles, if so any photo's, fitting and removal. I dont class myself as thick but I do want to get it right.

Anonymous

I have the front grille.  To fit it properly you need to remove the front bumper, although this is very easy and quick.

This makes it easy to remove the old plastic grille and fix the new one using the metal mounts without the need to use plastic ties.

It's very easy to do, all you need is a phillips head screwdriver and 10mm socket, and about 30 minutes tops.

There are instructions on removing the front bumper here.

HTH

--H--

Anonymous

This helps a lot, I was dreading removing bumper. Must go I have a bumper to remove, many thanks.

dancarbon

Do you have a link or some pics of these grills?
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Not yet.

Will do some one day (probably!)...

--H--

Anonymous

Come to think of it Dan I notice your in Leeds too so if you really wanted to come have a look at my front grille (I don't have the back ones) you could swing by some time.

PM me if you're interested.

--H--

Anonymous

I fitted all three grilles a couple of weekends ago.  Took about an hour or so inc removing both bumpers (which I had never done before).
V easy to do.

Anonymous

Why would this thread be moved from 'Appearance Related' to here??

Edited to say:

Erm, I think I'm getting confused, is this thread now in two different groups?

s:? :? s:?  

--H--

dancarbon

Quote from: "Hardcore"Come to think of it Dan I notice your in Leeds too so if you really wanted to come have a look at my front grille (I don't have the back ones) you could swing by some time.--H--

Sounds good Hardcore, but got a hectic couple of weeks so will drop you a line if I get a bit of free time. I didn't realise button moon was so close to Leeds - it's not on the Toyota Map in the glovebox   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "dancarbon"Sounds good Hardcore, but got a hectic couple of weeks so will drop you a line if I get a bit of free time. I didn't realise button moon was so close to Leeds - it's not on the Toyota Map in the glovebox   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No problem, just let me know.

I'd forgotton I'd changed my location bit, I have the tendancy to do that every now and then.  When (if!) we get the location map finished on the Web site we'll all be able to see where everyone else is.  For now I will change my location back to Leeds!...

--H--

P.S. Maybe I'll work on a map myself in my spare time (what little I get!).  I'll let you all know if I come up with anything worth looking at.

dancarbon

QuoteAt my desk, bored as usual (in Leeds BTW!)

Must be a busy day at the office   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I am unforunately sick at home after a dodgy birthday meal at Fat Francos, messy business!   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

It's surprising how quickly, when half way to work you can turn the MR2 round and head back home when requested by your insides!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Hard lines mate, I've never been to Fat Franco's, and I don't think I will now!

Anyway, best stop this now before we get told off for going off topic by the Nazis, oh sorry, excuse me, I mean moderators.

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

--H--

MR2Blue

Regarding the "chrom design" front grilles for pre 03 MR2's, cartell and I are friends, in fact we ordered the grilles together (our own little group buy),  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   so I know that he now knows but to keep everybody else informed, you don't have to remove the front bumper to fit the front grille, it's very simple you just remove six screws and the clips in the standard plastic grille and then put the new chrome grille on and bend the clip/holder into place.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Anyway, best stop this now before we get told off for going off topic by the Nazis, oh sorry, excuse me, I mean moderators.

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

--H--

Glad to see there are a few more of us who have the emotional scars after being "forum cleansed" for wandering off topic by the moderators   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR2Blue"you don't have to remove the front bumper to fit the front grille, it's very simple you just remove six screws and the clips in the standard plastic grille and then put the new chrome grille on and bend the clip/holder into place.
If you fit the front grille without removing the front bumper you can't properly bend the brackets in to place.  It can be fitted this way, and is secure, but it looks a bit naff as you can see the partially bent brackets behind the grille.

I did it this way at first then after a few weeks decided to remove the front bumper and finish off the job properly.

--H--

Anonymous

Slotted two pieces of mesh under the rear boot grilles just last weekend.

Looks the part and should hopefully help stop muck getting in there now!

MR2Blue

Hardcore, sorry I haven't replied sooner, shift work, etc.

Yes your right it is hard to bend the clips in place, however, if you use something hooked (I used an Allen key) to pull the clip forward, then some long nosed pliars to close the clips you don't have to remove the bumper to do a proper job.

I have a pic but don't know how to attach it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  .

Regards.
Chris.

Anonymous

I am looking to order some grilles from Chromedesign.  How did everyone else go about paying?  I have had confirmation of order but it doesn't say anything about paying or when they will be shipped!

My car is getting repaired at the moment and the garage said they would fit them whilst the bumpers are off the car!

Grateful for any advice as i need them asap!

Paul

Comer

Quote from: "Viggs"I am looking to order some grilles from Chromedesign.  How did everyone else go about paying?  I have had confirmation of order but it doesn't say anything about paying or when they will be shipped!

My car is getting repaired at the moment and the garage said they would fit them whilst the bumpers are off the car!

Grateful for any advice as i need them asap!

Paul
Bugger, another one getting them!  I thought I was the only UK car with them back in Oct 02  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I emailed them my visa card details after they confirmed my order via email.  Or you can fax them.  There is no VAT payable once they reach the UK because they are from within the EU and you will have paid the German equivalent already.

They look great on a black car and very easy to fit with the bumpers off.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

MR2Blue

Hi Viggs, fellow member Cartell ordered our Chrom design grilles and he had to fax the order through with credit card details, they took less than a fortnight to arrive.

I'm sure Cartell wouldn't mind if you were to PM him and get the necessary info straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Regards.
Chris.

Tags: