StuM

http://www.gumtree.com/london/02/46072402.html

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Liking it in white!
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

widermuller

Hummm...... Think of all that added weight, and the people who complain, the car has no poke as standard! Its enough to make Colin Chapman turn in his grave! Would you do that to and elise?????
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

widermuller

Ooop's  mean't ' an elise???'           An smt as well, 0-60 measured with sand clocks......

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

StuM

Actually, I totally agree - not normally a fan of big kits, especially with standard engines, but I did think this one looked quite smart.  Would never have it though.
Stu M

loadswine

White is one of the better colours for a Veilside, though, apart from Perry's old one, I've never been a fan. Most of the weight you'd notice on that would come from the wheels probably, doubt if the kit would add that much.
An SMT is actually quite a nice drive, I had a go in one recently and was very impressed. The 2 is no Elise though and the weight issue is nowhere near as significant.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

widermuller

With increased surface area, increased drag would be a factor in fitting this body kit, personally I would'nt buy an smt as its at least a second slower to 60 so any tuning mods would have to 'claw back' the 1 sec advantage the standard manual has. Sure the stick looks great! and its chrome surround, but I have to look at it in the light 'could I fix it if it went wrong?' Possibly not! Where as a manual gearbox at least I could take it out , do a clutch change and maybe fix the internals.

Unlike the vw double clutch system which can change faster than a manual, this smt does not. The point I'm making elise owners don't do body kits, they don't need them. The car looks good without, like an mr2.

uktotty

I love em!

s12vea

I think it looks great in white! Colour really suits the car, not sure about the interior....
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Ilogik

Quote from: "widermuller"With increased surface area, increased drag would be a factor in fitting this body kit, personally I would'nt buy an smt as its at least a second slower to 60 so any tuning mods would have to 'claw back' the 1 sec advantage the standard manual has. Sure the stick looks great! and its chrome surround, but I have to look at it in the light 'could I fix it if it went wrong?' Possibly not! Where as a manual gearbox at least I could take it out , do a clutch change and maybe fix the internals.

Unlike the vw double clutch system which can change faster than a manual, this smt does not. The point I'm making elise owners don't do body kits, they don't need them. The car looks good without, like an mr2.

I have to disagree some elises do look better with body modifications.

Depends what you want in a car, some people can't afford powerful engines.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

ohmygod those poor lotuses  s:( :( s:(

1st one's a race car and looks fine, the second one is chav central, 3rd is just a longtail S2 with the Exige pods & a daft front splitter & a horrible wrap, pretty sure the 4th one's an Exige anyway (early S looking at the roof), and that fifth one is just utterly diabolical.

Ilogik

Quote from: "Dan M"ohmygod those poor lotuses  s:( :( s:(

1st one's a race car and looks fine, the second one is chav central, 3rd is just a longtail S2 with the Exige pods & a daft front splitter & a horrible wrap, pretty sure the 4th one's an Exige anyway (early S looking at the roof), and that fifth one is just utterly diabolical.

3rd one would be my choice, only thing i think id want to change on an elise is the wheels.

inert2k3

That Elise in the last pic is sporting a Mohawk!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

StuM

Quote from: "inert2k3"That Elise in the last pic is sporting a Mohawk!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

That's Mr T's Elise - I pity the fool!
Stu M

widermuller

Spot on Dan M....  they are bad taste lotuses!

Basically they all look like exige's to me, which mechanically are different to a standard elise. Exige Same body, ( With aero mods by lotus ) fixed roof, 2zz engine supercharged ( series 2 cars, for the benifit of illogick )

For me that veilside kit almost crosses the line, by that I mean your actually turning your mr2 into someting else, after all change the front lights, would most people recognise it as an mr2 roadster??? Because the front lights are the only bit that is instantly recognisable from the standard car! The image of the roadster suffers anyway, this kit makes it worse!

In fact you might as well go the whole hogg and do a dna 360, personally I would do a 360 degree turn away from those!!

I suppose my loathing of body kits, stems from being a teenager in the 80's in Essex and seeing too many Ford orions with them! As a mate of mine once said 'they look' (meaning the orions) 'like a granny in trainers'.

I think very few origional designs by manufactures have been improved by the addition of one, off the top of my head the only jap motors that the apperance was enhanced, by, well not even fitting a body kit as such was the mitsibishi starion when they blew the arches on the '88 models and bunged a 2.6 in it. And when Toyota created the st 185 gt4 celica again with  blown out arches, plus all the vents. Ohh! love that old jap metal.....

Ilogik

Quote from: "widermuller"Spot on Dan M....  they are bad taste lotuses!

Basically they all look like exige's to me, which mechanically are different to a standard elise. Exige Same body, ( With aero mods by lotus ) fixed roof, 2zz engine supercharged ( series 2 cars, for the benifit of illogick )

For me that veilside kit almost crosses the line, by that I mean your actually turning your mr2 into someting else, after all change the front lights, would most people recognise it as an mr2 roadster??? Because the front lights are the only bit that is instantly recognisable from the standard car! The image of the roadster suffers anyway, this kit makes it worse!

In fact you might as well go the whole hogg and do a dna 360, personally I would do a 360 degree turn away from those!!

I suppose my loathing of body kits, stems from being a teenager in the 80's in Essex and seeing too many Ford orions with them! As a mate of mine once said 'they look' (meaning the orions) 'like a granny in trainers'.

I think very few origional designs by manufactures have been improved by the addition of one, off the top of my head the only jap motors that the apperance was enhanced, by, well not even fitting a body kit as such was the mitsibishi starion when they blew the arches on the '88 models and bunged a 2.6 in it. And when Toyota created the st 185 gt4 celica again with  blown out arches, plus all the vents. Ohh! love that old jap metal.....

You should like this then

not all the exiges are supercharged am I right? pretty sure my friends one is n/a.

Anonymous

All new ones are, early ones were NA. S2 Exiges also have a different subframe at the rear than the Elise, amongst other smaller differences, so they're not quite the hardtopped Elise they appear to be.

widermuller

Yea, that looks like a jap spec 240 z or 260z difficult to tell as the 260 has a +2 seating arrangement and the body is longer, but design shape is basically the same as a 240z. The wheels suit to a point, and the extended mirrors and arches are standard jdm, I remember seeing one at JAE in the late 90's they are also called a 'fairlady' in japan. There the nuts, and not cheap to buy a good one!

aaronjb

Quote from: "widermuller"There the nuts, and not cheap to buy a good one!

Which is a shame, because I'd love a 240Z that looks exactly like the one above.. But with an LT1 under the hood..

Maybe when I'm done with the MR2, or the 300ZX.. maybe.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

NickNJ

Those loti are horrible, they have to have been done by over the top yanks. Love the motorsport elise though.
Black MR2 Roadster

Tags: