Move the Alarm Sounder

Started by roger, September 29, 2009, 14:32

E

Just thinking maybe a good idea to point out to anyone thinking of doing this mod, please do not be tempted to travel around with the spare wheel unsecured as under severe braking the spare wheel will do its best to escape through you bonnet, you must either cut your own screw down and tap new threads on it or buy one of DDs ones that roger is talking about.

roger

Quote from: "mrzwei"and drill out the U bracket rivets?

These are bolts - at least on all the ones I've seen. The nuts are welded below the support.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

E

The drilling out is actually on spot welds. The bracket is in two pieces spotted together, drill through the spot welds, prise the two pieces apart and keep only the smaller piece.

roger

Quote from: "E"The drilling out is actually on spot welds. The bracket is in two pieces spotted together, drill through the spot welds, prise the two pieces apart and keep only the smaller piece.

Sorry, misunderstood what was going on. Where I put it, and checked today plenty of room (a whole hand width) between the sounder and any radiator work.
Roger

ekimq

"Right, let's just do it!" says I. Seems easy enough and that spot in the top right-hand corner looks perfect. Unfortunately, that perfect location looks a little different on my facelift with aircon:

The charge point sticks up in the middle of the gap and stops anything else going in there   s:( :( s:(  

Not to be outdone, I've stuck the alarm on the left side of the frunk:

Yay  that wasn't too hard  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Now for the acid test.. close the bonnet.. set the alarm.. reach in to the car.. OH MY WORD!! OUCH, THAT'S REALLY *beep beep * loud!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Mike
The sun is out, get your top off!

E

Nice job, I never thought about AC with not having it myself. an easy mod that makes so much difference and costs virtually nothing   s8) 8) s8)

darkday

Ok guys I got them made today unfortunately monday is a postal holiday I just found out so they won't go out until tuesday.  s:( :( s:(

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "darkday"unfortunately monday is a postal holiday   s:( :( s:(

We're getting a lot of that over here too at the moment    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

roger

I've PM DD to offer to pay and sort out distribution in UK. Just to confirm 3 purchased, myself, Russ, Jason. I think he has one spare.

PM me AND DarkDay if anybody wants it.
Roger

darkday

That spare just sold however I do have one more uncut frunksaver due to a mixup on my dealers part. I didn't think I would sell my spare in one day so I was going to take it back. I will be keeping that now so if anyone wants it let me know. However unless I know within the next 2 hours it will have to ship seperately from the 3 Roger is handling and you will be charged full price for shipping. It will probably go out a week from monday if someone wants it (and doesn't let me know within 2 hours). And this really is the last one I have ordered/stocked.

AMH

DD / Roger - please can I have the last one - PM me to let me know how to pay ... Hope I am in time - thanks - Andy
Ex Demo Nov 06 car - did only have 35 miles on the clock !
Silver with Red interior, Private Plate, Origin B2, Philips +80% lamps, TTE Air Filter, TTE Underbody Brace, SP (Cusco) Strut Brace, Electric Aerial Switch, Clarion Double-Din iPod Stereo, Alpine Door Speakers, Dynamat, Markiii inlet pipe, TRD short-shifter, De-Cat and TTE springs, TRD knob, ROCLinks, TTE ARB\'s, MOMO wheel on own design boss.
2004 RAV4 Granite ...
2006 MR2 Roadster
2006 Mini Cooper ...
2009 KTM 990 SMT ...
2011 Lexus IS250 Advance ...
So that\'ll be RWD, 4WD, FWD and Mono-wheeling then ... But driveway now full !

darkday

Quote from: "AMH"DD / Roger - please can I have the last one - PM me to let me know how to pay ... Hope I am in time - thanks - Andy
It's yours. I'll PM roger with the updated price and you will pay for it through roger. They're being shipped to him first. Thanks.  s:) :) s:)

AMH

Brilliant - many thanks.
Ex Demo Nov 06 car - did only have 35 miles on the clock !
Silver with Red interior, Private Plate, Origin B2, Philips +80% lamps, TTE Air Filter, TTE Underbody Brace, SP (Cusco) Strut Brace, Electric Aerial Switch, Clarion Double-Din iPod Stereo, Alpine Door Speakers, Dynamat, Markiii inlet pipe, TRD short-shifter, De-Cat and TTE springs, TRD knob, ROCLinks, TTE ARB\'s, MOMO wheel on own design boss.
2004 RAV4 Granite ...
2006 MR2 Roadster
2006 Mini Cooper ...
2009 KTM 990 SMT ...
2011 Lexus IS250 Advance ...
So that\'ll be RWD, 4WD, FWD and Mono-wheeling then ... But driveway now full !

darkday

Ok they've gone out. Roger should be receiving a nice package of 4 within the next week or two. Many thanks to all who contributed.  s:) :) s:)

uktotty

Was I on that list?

darkday

Quote from: "roger"OK guys - ordered 3 at the moment. Mine, Russ and Jason. If Jason doesn't want his please shout, if Rob does, please shout. Any more as production is starting.
Here's the last list I saw UKTotty so I believe that's a yes. Can't speak for Roger though, I just know 4 were ordered in total from me by Roger.

roger

The four are me, Russ (UKtotty), Jason (muffdan) and Andy (AMH).

I'll let you guys know the cost when they are in my hands.
Roger

uktotty

If anyone wants help installing this contact me, this is the level of my engineering expertise

custardavenger

Quote from: "uktotty"If anyone wants help installing this contact me, this is the level of my engineering expertise

Are you the expert now Russ?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

roger

Quote from: "custardavenger"
Quote from: "uktotty"If anyone wants help installing this contact me, this is the level of my engineering expertise

Are you the expert now Russ?

Didn't say anything about moving the sounder, just fitting the FrunkSaver   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Roger

Anonymous

I've just done this mod, looks and sounds a lot better, one word of warning, don't carry your keys in your pocket when carrying out this mod, especially if you lock the car by mistake and then remove the sounder   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  I didn't realise it had battery back up and the noise was LOUD.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

Rob

muffdan

lol! Yeah, it's always kinda worrying when you unplug it and it starts its beep-beep-ticking-bomb-countdown thing it does! Even when its disarmed it still does it when its unplugged.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

aaronjb

Quote from: "muffdan"lol! Yeah, it's always kinda worrying when you unplug it and it starts its beep-beep-ticking-bomb-countdown thing it does! Even when its disarmed it still does it when its unplugged.

At least it's not an aftermarket one - a lot of those will start going off if you unplug them without putting the alarm into valet mode first..

As I found out when I did that on the Nissan - nearly brained myself on the underside of the bonnet as a result  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

StuM

Quote from: "muffdan"lol! Yeah, it's always kinda worrying when you unplug it and it starts its beep-beep-ticking-bomb-countdown thing it does! Even when its disarmed it still does it when its unplugged.

Does it go off after 'x' amount of time even if disarmed, or just do the beep beep thing?

Thanks,
Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "StuM"

Does it go off after 'x' amount of time even if disarmed, or just do the beep beep thing?

Thanks,
Stu

The beeping goes off after a short period.

Tags: