Move the Alarm Sounder

Started by roger, September 29, 2009, 14:32

StuM

Quote from: "FGRob"
Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "muffdan"lol! Yeah, it's always kinda worrying when you unplug it and it starts its beep-beep-ticking-bomb-countdown thing it does! Even when its disarmed it still does it when its unplugged.

Does it go off after 'x' amount of time even if disarmed, or just do the beep beep thing?

Thanks,
Stu

The beeping goes off after a short period.

Great, thanks Rob.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

gavw71

Moved the sounder yesterday, can't believe the difference it makes! I can now hear the alarm go off when I'm indoors, even with the TV on!  s:D :D s:D
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Anonymous

Did mine yesterday,What a big difference for less than an hours work.

roger

Hi guys - Frunksavers in town. I'll PM you all with details.

Many thanks Sam.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Gif

Quote from: "E"I cut mine down and re tapped

Any idea what size die is require to cut the thread?  All my dies seem to be different sizes   s:? :? s:?
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

E

Quote from: "Gif"
Quote from: "E"I cut mine down and re tapped

Any idea what size die is require to cut the thread?  All my dies seem to be different sizes   s:? :? s:?

M8 1.25

Gif

Quote from: "E"M8 1.25

Thanks M8    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   sorted it yesterday, wheel now safely upside down and installed.
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

darkday

Would there be any interest in another group buy on frunksavers? I can't remember how much the shipping is on individual frunksavers to the UK but I recall it being quite cheap to do a mass shipment over there.

Here's the main thread on spyderchat.  m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... age-Space! m !)-30-Shipped

Barney Bear

Just done this little mod, top idea

s:D :D s:D   now have an easy place to put my gym bag  and the gas struts make  it so simple

used the old bracket drilled out the spot welds as suggested, now who said the 2 was'nt practical  s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

stevieb1973

Hi guys ive just had a go at this very easy done
but i have no alarm sounder in my frunk
 its a uk car(i think) no jap writing on sun shades uk key remote locking/dead locking
any ideas anyone please
cheers

steve

Anonymous

Quote from: "stevieb1973"Hi guys ive just had a go at this very easy done
 its a uk car(i think) no jap writing on sun shades uk key remote locking/dead locking
any ideas anyone please
cheers

steve

Need more info/pics, do you think it has been removed? Are the wires there?

Chris

Quote from: "stevieb1973"Hi guys ive just had a go at this very easy done
any ideas anyone please
cheers

steve

If you unscrew the stock spare wheel and remove it, then you should see the black sounder attached to a metal bracket with the cable disappearing through the bottom of the frunk.  If it's not there then it may've been moved already or not present in the first place - what happens when you lean in with the roof down but alarm set?  At worst, I have a spare alarm/bracket I can sell ya   s:) :) s:)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

roger

Maybe already done! Suggest you try to set the alarm off, like putting it on with roof down then lean into car, to find out where it is, if you can't see iy obviously in the frunk.
Roger

stevieb1973

Hi guys their is nowt there when i remove the spare
ive put the window down and waited about 5 mins put my arm in window nothing happened
i also dead locked it from the outside and waited put my arm in and even put key and turn it on still nothing

steve

Chris

well it certainly sounds like there is no alarm fitted, or at least working!

When you press the lock button on the key and the indicators flash, do you then get a red light on the heater panel or next to the coin slot to the left of the steering wheel? one of them is the alarm light but can't remember which (and it's only been just over a month since i last drove mine - shocking memory..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Are there any obvious signs of relocation on the sides of the bin?  It won't go far due to the length of the cable so you could always take the plastics off and have a quick look to see if you can spot it - maybe it's just unplugged?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

stevieb1973

Hi chris i get the flashing one on the heater panel
ive not got a led next to the coin slot
i will have a look about tomorrow for the sounder i took the plastics of yesterday to recharge the aircon
I didnt see it them

steve

stevieb1973

Hi guys here is a pic of my frunk

no sign of any place where an alarm sound could have been mounted

steve

Anonymous

Thought about this mod once then thought about how many times my alarm has gone off in the eight years of ownership, then thought of the times I have actually heard a car alarm go off (loud or quiet) and then thought "WTF...I hope that goes off soon!!!"

..........So I have never bothered   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Still a good space saving mod though

Treboeth

Steve the alarm would have been mounted on the bottom of the frunk where the two screw holes are about 6" apart.

Looks like you need to take out the frunk as the alarm is probably mounted underneath.

aaronjb

If that had ever had an alarm there'd be a great big hole drilled in the frunk (just above the rubber grommet the spare tyre bolt goes through). I'd say that's never had an alarm, backed up by the lack of red light by the steering wheel (but it has an immobiliser if it has the red light in the heater controls).

Japanese or European import with no alarm fitted.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

stevieb1973

So it could be an European import  is their anyway of telling

steve

stevieb1973

Hi guys right ive just looked at the service history and the supplying dealer is germany i think
its came from

Garage Celis
st.bernardsesteenweg 733-735
2660 hobken

steve

roger

Could well have been bought and imported by somebody in the forces.

IIRC somebody has said the alarm was a fitting at entry into UK, so I guess that's where it missed out. If you've got all the wires (basically a black (?) plug) swinging around underneath the wheel box, then buying a sounder my well be the easy way out.

Having said that, no alarm and (technically) an import could well not be what your insurance company expect   s:( :( s:(
Roger

aaronjb

Yep, alarm was fitted at port of entry to be Thatcham approved .. I don't think the wiring loom (or bonnet & boot sensors) will be there, so you'd have to retro fit the whole thing.  By which point you may as well go off and get a Toad/Clifford/whatever fitted by an alarm installer  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

stevieb1973

Does anyone know who makes the alarm please
also i wonder if it would be possible to remove the parts needed from a salvage 2

steve

Tags: