Move the Alarm Sounder

Started by roger, September 29, 2009, 14:32

Chris

I seem to recall it's a toyota specific jobbie called TVSS (Tyoyota Vehicle Security system iirc) but not sure if it's actually just a rebadged something else..

As for buying the bits from a salvage, then I just so happen to be breaking my '2 at the moment... I've already got the sounder and brackets from the front bin off the car, but not sure what else would be needed - presumably you'll need the rest of the cables so when I'm back at Mark's (where the car is, probably 1st week jan) I'll have a look to see if I can trace that cable and see where it goes...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Chris

You've got PM...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

bluefrog

Glad I just found this thread. I thought my siren was faulty or the backup batt in it was dying, cos it sounded so weary. Even phoned my local Toyota dealer and asked them what the prob might be, who just told me (predictably) bring it in for diagnosis   s:? :? s:?   It never occurred to me that it sounds quiet because... IT'S MOUNTED UNDER THE SPARE TYRE IN A SEALED BOX UNDER THE BONNET!

I shall be doing this mod soon. Stupid place to install it in the first place!

AndyM

Just for reference, based on the great information in this thread, I've done a 'How To' with pictures for the alarm move.

Available here...  l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=44216 l
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

bluefrog

Perfect!   s:D :D s:D

bluefrog

Done! Using AndyM's very helpful how to guide.

The frunk now looks tidier, if it wasn't for the piece of silver tape over the hole you'd never know there used to be anything there. Easier to get spare in & out plus more room for extra gubbins   s:D :D s:D   And the siren... It hurts my ears now it's so loud!

I extended the thread on the spare wheel retainer shaft using an M8x1.25 die & then chopped it down about 70mm, fits nicely.

Fin

Did this a few days ago.... Is it my imagination, my key blipper seems to work better now?!?!
The Sun is out, the sky is blue,
The roof is down on my MR2,
And I\'m grinning, grinning ear to ear!

Tags: