MR2 roadster price guideline?

Started by Anonymous, October 4, 2009, 14:47

Anonymous

Hi guys, sorry for jumping on the band wagon, but hey ho.

I'm going to look at the following MR2 tomorrow:

'52' plate, Metallic silver, 30k, AC + Hard top, FSH, and MOT till Aug 10

Just wondered your thoughts on the price & what are the main things to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

inert2k3

Quote from: "katrinataylor"Hi guys, sorry for jumping on the band wagon, but hey ho.

I'm going to look at the following MR2 tomorrow:

'52' plate, Metallic silver, 30k, AC + Hard top, FSH, and MOT till Aug 10

Just wondered your thoughts on the price & what are the main things to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

Hi,

My cars a similar spec, but I have 50K on the clock rather than 30K. You havent mentioned if the car has a leather interior or not because that will always increase the price slightly. If I sold my car tomorrow, id put it up for £5000 as its in excellent condition for its age. You're probably looking at paying more than that due to the lower mileage. As has already been mentioned, prices vary massively depending on the seller and where you are in the UK,

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

Anonymous

I bought and sold an 02 Roadster earlier in the year. Bought for £3500 and sold for £4000 (black, red leather and aircon) at the height of summer. I'm looking for another car and can't quite get my head around the current prices. I thought I'd be able to easily get an 03 for £5k ish, but mind boggingly some very early cars are advertised at this price.  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   Think I'll just leave it as an MR2 isn't exactly a 'must have'.

creamykiwi

wow, I'm glad it's not just me that couldn't find a 'normal' price for an MR2! My budget's about £4000, but I'm still trying to work out what the best option would be... lots of useful advice in this thread, thank you  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Hi, mine was £4500 1990 plate in immaculate condition....or so I thought 2 weeks later the garage had it back and fitted a new engine....a pain at the time but I guess I have gained a better car......

alancdavis

Thought of selling mine...........  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Sorry guys but it looks like I'm going with a VOLKSWAGEN MK 4 GOLF GT TDi PD 150

mrzwei

A really solid decision, been around for years, my son's going for one, all the faults have been ironed out of it and it will keep it's value.Still the most boring car on earth though (sorry)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

At 20K miles a year a MR2 would really kick me where it hurts in insurance and fuel cost   s:( :( s:(

loadswine

Not necessarily, the roadster can do around 40mpg on a run and is group 13insurance. For motorway mile munching though, a tdi like the golf is an excellent tool.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Another main thing was that I'm getting more into shooting and the MR2 really wouldn't have been practicable to get all of my gear in. Don't need something massive but could do with a boot.

I plan on travelling within Europe in 2010 and taking my car via ferry at Amsterdam - should be munching a few miles on das Autobahn then!

mrzwei

Given what your needs are, then you are right, the 2 would not be practical and you would have to make it work. Our two daughters live and work in Germany so we visit regularly. I would LOVE to take the 2 but it's just not practical (not enough room for the cheap booze for example   s:D :D s:D  ).
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

Another guide for you. We are about to pick up a 2003 facelift model 20K on the clock, red leather, checked out by the AA guy who said it was in mint condition. Price £6200 But the seller stated selling at £8200 a few weeks ago (Obviously unrealistic)

Cheers
Kingstinger

Chris_h

With a bit of indecision, I missed this...

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... fresh=true m

Quite a deal, sell ther htop and its a 1 owner, FSH 56k miles Roadster for £2700   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Tags: