03 Rear Lights

Started by crankshaft, February 21, 2004, 13:33

crankshaft

Anyone know what a pair of 03 rear light lenses would cost ??

I presume that it's just a cosmetic change and that the connectors & fittings are unchanged ??

CrankShaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Tem

They are about $200 in US...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dieamond

Are you sure the connectors are the same ?

If yes it would be a very nice mod...
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

markiii

you need the housing as well as the lens unfortunately.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"you need the housing as well as the lens unfortunately.

Yeah, but the full set is around $200...

Not many have them online, but here's one that has:
 m http://www.partznet.com/toyota/mr2/2003taillamps.html m

Liz

I want a set of Lexus type lights for the rear, I think that they would look rather nice  s8) 8) s8)  , but I haven't found a pair of them anywhere yet!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

SteveJ

Quote from: "Liz"I want a set of Lexus type lights for the rear, I think that they would look rather nice  s8) 8) s8)  , but I haven't found a pair of them anywhere yet!

*BLING*

s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"I want a set of Lexus type lights for the rear

Now there's a thought..

crankshaft

Hmmm, sounds like a job for ........

"Japan Parts Group Buy"

Sean, can you make enquiries ???  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Crankshaft
2001 SMT - Pete

Liz

Sooooooo......... I am not the only person who would want some then   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

I had them on my last car & loved them, not sure about them on the '2 though unless you could replace the high level brake light with a clear version (is this possible  s:? :? s:?  ) - then they would look ok & not out of place.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Liz"Sooooooo......... I am not the only person who would want some then   s:) :) s:)

Nah, I kinda like the Lexus style lights too.. even if they are a bit bling. So you're not alone  s;) ;) s;)

I think Roadblade might be right though - the 3rd brake light would need changing too.

Hmm, wonder if the company that makes the lexus lights for the Mk2's would consider making them for Mk3's if they're not available anywhere else?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

crankshaft

Wot iz 'Bling" ?????
2001 SMT - Pete

DAZ400

I have been after Lexus style lights for ages from my research I have discovered lots of manufactures of these, but none have yet made them for the 2 frustrating when you can buy them for the crappy mx5........   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

Liz

Maybe its something that we can look into depending on how many were interested, and I hadn't thought about the high level brake light before.

And bling is best described I suppose as being flashy looking, like good clothes, jewellery, all come under the heading of BLING, seen that advert with the bloke on the plane when he is on the bog and pressing all the buttons and says bling after each button until he hits the one when his arse is sucked down the loo..sort of gives you the idea!

Back on topic now.....

aaronjb

That'll be Busta Rhymes.. Not normally a fan of rap, but he always comes across as having a sense of humour.

Anyway, back on topic indeed.. Might be worth an email to Rogue Systems to see if their Mk2 manufacturer can fab some for the Mk3?

On the original topic of '03 lights - I'd thought about this before too.. but I honestly can't decide if I prefer the original lights or the '03 lights..  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "aaronjb"That'll be Busta Rhymes.. Not normally a fan of rap, but he always comes across as having a sense of humour.

Anyway, back on topic indeed.. Might be worth an email to Rogue Systems to see if their Mk2 manufacturer can fab some for the Mk3?

On the original topic of '03 lights - I'd thought about this before too.. but I honestly can't decide if I prefer the original lights or the '03 lights..  s:? :? s:?

I've spoken with Patrick (aka Rogue) in the past about any projects they may have for the Roadster - they have a few ideas, but want to concentrate on the MkII for the moment. Given enough interest, I'm sure they could be pursuaded to have go though  s:) :) s:)

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "SteveJ"I've spoken with Patrick (aka Rogue) in the past about any projects they may have for the Roadster - they have a few ideas, but want to concentrate on the MkII for the moment. Given enough interest, I'm sure they could be pursuaded to have go though  s:) :) s:)

Be patient my friend   s:) :) s:)  

Rogue has ideas, many of them. I've even tried shopping for parts with him (much amusement we had trying to order parts from a couple of Japanese blokes who didn't speak a word of English   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).

Those that have seen his Rev 6 Two will have noticed how unique Rogue System parts are.

Do we want something that looks like Lexus or do we want something that makes us go WOW!!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Remember he does have a Roadster and is on here (though mainly as a lurker), so he does know what floats our boat.

Anonymous

Peter,

Could you ask Rogue about the possibility of clear high level brake light? Unless they are already out there & I just can't find them  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

i to would be interested in a set.i think the circular brake lights would look rather good and not bling at all(if done correctly)

Anonymous

Hi!! This is an opportunity that cannot be missed, im looking for an 2000-2002 rear light (left), mine got smashed today by a passing wall costing me £350  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Can anyone in the UK help me? surely someone who has done this conversion will have some to sell!?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Please get in touch! I have an MOT soon!

Liz

We haven't done it yet!! Good luck with your light though  s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "vibratingsky"Hi!! This is an opportunity that cannot be missed, im looking for an 2000-2002 rear light (left), mine got smashed today by a passing wall costing me £350  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Can anyone in the UK help me? surely someone who has done this conversion will have some to sell!?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Please get in touch! I have an MOT soon!
Surely not £350 just for the light cluster  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Anyone interested in the above might want to take a look here....

HTH

Ray

<edit/ - Actually they have quite a decent range of '2' related stuff>

Tem

Quote from: "R2MUL"Anyone interested in the above might want to take a look here....

Yes, or here:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?p=36021#35275 m

Tags: