Gutted - Sad - Upset - But it was the best thing to do.

Started by Anonymous, February 21, 2004, 16:47

Anonymous

Yep, we have bought a brand new Celica.

Most of you know the reasons (two cars, two high insurance premiums, need a car with luggage space frequently, so either the focus or the 2 sits dormant frequently).

Mr T did us proud of matching the outstanding finance on our 2 (£14,000), and not a bad price for the focus.  

No decent deals on the Celica though, couldn't stretch to the TSport (price and added insurance).  Went for a box standard with the premium pack and the style pack.

To say we are gutted, sad & upset about losing our beloved (albeit underused) 2 would be an understatement, but deep down its the right thing to do considering we never ever have a need to drive two cars at once.  For once we have considered our options for a while (two months in deciding) and I think we have made the right choice.

So I guess as of the second week in March we become a MR2 Roadster Enthusiast and not an owner.

Be nice to us, feel like shite, but I guess circumstances change eh, the celica should hopefully be a bit of fun too.

Anonymous

Oh, obviously we will be stripping it of the few mods (we have a bama wind deflector on the way too).  Will let you vultures know what we got.

Anonymous

TRAITOR!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Nah, all the best with the new Celica mate... just dont miss the soft top too much this summer!

Stay about here though mate!

Anonymous

Will definitely be still here - just minus a 2.  No different than having it in the garage all the time.

Will miss it in the summer, we where going to wait until September, but with both cars depreciating even more by then, it seemed a sensible thing to do it now.

I cant begin to tell you how crap we both feel, we love the 2.

Anonymous

Can't be much fun.

Hope the Celica helps a little.

Anonymous

Its definitely the best all round answer, looks sporty, fairly nippy (yep I know its actually underpowered) and has large luggage space.  Definitely the best choice I feel for our needs and should serve them well.

Just not the 2 though is it, but needs must and it really is silly to carry on as we are, I just hope it is the right decision.  We both think the celica is great, but then following Kerstie home in the focus the 2 looks so good.

Might not have been so bad if it was going to take 8 weeks for delivery, but as we will be getting a new reg first/second week in march even that isnt helping.

Hopefully Liz will still let is come on the treasure hunt?

Liz

Of course  s:D :D s:D  , hoping that Phil and Kerry will come along too in their Leon!!
Shame you had to let the '2 go though, but we all have different needs!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

tell you what, i'll buy you a tin can opener for when it gets too hot in the summer!!!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Always a tough one but start on a positive note - what mods can you get?   s:) :) s:)

I made the mistake of visiting a Honda dealer on Friday and sat in a black S2000 GT and was sorely tempted - get thee back Satan   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Nice one - that made us both chuckle!

Um, mods for the Celica...well it already has nice kick plates, and yep, we finally have a car with leather...so I reckon get rid of the shit fisher price stereo that it shares with the 2.

markiii

you have space, get buster to do you a really good install.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MR2Blue

I hope you've ordered a BLUE Celica, we still need you to defend the fastest colour.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Yep we ordered Lagoon Blue - reminder of the 2!

Blue is DEFINITELY the fastest colour.

Looking forward to JAE and carrying all your stuff !!!!

Anonymous

I seem to do everythig backwards! Got rid of this to get the "2"

Anonymous

THATS WHAT WE ARE GETTING   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

See you made me smile, surely its not a bad comprimise   s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Just a thought, if anyone wants a lagoon blue 2, 03 model (52 reg), 5000 miles on it, then you can always make me an offer - worth a go eh!

aaronjb

Quote from: "cstevens"Just a thought, if anyone wants a lagoon blue 2, 03 model (52 reg), 5000 miles on it, then you can always make me an offer - worth a go eh!

Now that's just not fair..

You guys have been tempting me with group buys for months now.. but that just takes the biscuit  s;) ;) s;)  (If only I had 14k! Darn)

Needs must, eh Craig? Still a blow though.. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Celica mind, they're nice cars.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

We will still be using our MR2 Roadster keyrings, and Mark, I will be requiring a new MR2ROC Windscreen sticker!.

You dont get rid of me that easily from the club.  Can we just enforce that the club IS for enthusiasts and ex-owners too!.

Kerstie has just said, hey in 3 years when the Celica is paid for there will be a much better MR2 Roadster out that we can get LOL!

Anonymous

Well as far as i am concerned you now have the 2's bigger brother    s:D :D s:D  

*** fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight ***
But no pinching or biteing  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Out of interest did you have those little plastic wind deflectors that fit on the side windows  s:?: :?: s:?:   I'd bung you some cash for those     s:D :D s:D   Got a bit drafty with the roof down yesterday afternoon.     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Sorry to hear of your 2's departure.  s:( :( s:(  
I had a Lexus IS200 company car but always wanted a 2 seater. So bought Mrs roadsterman99 a Nissan Micra (1 litre, cheap insurance!) and bought my 2 and returned company car. Have found it the best of both worlds.  s:D :D s:D  
Anyway, not to pick over the bones but I am looking for a hardtop stand/cover, if you have one going?
Must admit having a look at the Chilli Red Celica when I went to order my 2 though!

Anonymous

good luck craige i will keep an eye out for the new celica   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

Don't worry Craig once you've made your fortune you can always buy a later version of the MR2.  s:D :D s:D
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"Don't worry Craig once you've made your fortune you can always buy a later version of the MR2.  s:D :D s:D

What do keep in his garage all the time again?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Comer

Unfortunately mine is a bit like that at the minute.

It got it's 10k service in June and it's now close to have done 13k miles  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

But I'm beginning to treat it like my hi fi.  It's quality, hardly used but when I give it a blast.....  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  And I don't won't to get rid of either.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Comer"Don't worry Craig once you've made your fortune you can always buy a later version of the MR2.  s:D :D s:D

What do keep in his garage all the time again?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Well there is one advantage, the garage will be converted into a purpose built photographic studio!.  OH DID ANYONE SEE ME ON GMTV TODAY?  They covered the London Hair Collections, and who should you see front stage at the end of the catwalk runway - YEP ME and my camera!

Oh, yes, I do have the wind deflector thingies, forgot about them.  Looking forward to staying with your guys and meeting at the meetings, I will just tag at the back as I wont be able to keep up - until we hit the motorways eh Buster!

Tags: