Pics of your cars lowered please - info springs or coilies

Started by Ilogik, October 21, 2009, 07:36

Ilogik

Could you post up the drop , cost and make please of your springs or coilovers and a side shot if you have it.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Why  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Ilogik

Quote from: "FGRob"Why  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

planning on lowering it, just want to get an idea of how they look and ride quality, i currently have kyb new sr shocks with standard springs, the standard springs are well spongey, think is I want it to sit very aggressively and low   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

ARGH JUST SELL THE BLOODY THING ALREADY WILL YOU

kentsmudger

[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

markiii

PMSL  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

You've said you want to keep the car to make it an NA track beast -- removing all the aesthetic stuff and going subtle....so why ask for side shots? Cos that sounds like you're just going for aesthetics again!

Make up your mind Al!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"You've said you want to keep the car to make it an NA track beast -- removing all the aesthetic stuff and going subtle....so why ask for side shots? Cos that sounds like you're just going for aesthetics again!

I want it slammed  s:) :) s:)  I want it so it is not spongey, I want opinions of springs and kits people use, bloody hell lol.

Anonymous

Mine is lowered on the tte springs.

markiii

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"You've said you want to keep the car to make it an NA track beast -- removing all the aesthetic stuff and going subtle....so why ask for side shots? Cos that sounds like you're just going for aesthetics again!

I want it slammed  s:) :) s:)  I want it so it is not spongey, I want opinions of springs and kits people use, bloody hell lol.

you do realise that "slammed" is equally as incompatable with actualy having good handling as teh 4x4 look

you really need to research what your doing before wasting another shitload of cash on this
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

id like  to get rid of the 4x4  suspension for sure,  and stiffen up the ride alot more. out on track with current set up the back end was well high and I could feel the rear wanting to go.

if it could look this height most the time id be happy

Wabbitkilla

This is on BC Coilovers (£650)

This is on Tein springs (£120)
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"

This is on BC Coilovers (£650)

This is on Tein springs (£120)

hows the ride? are the springs hard or spongey? how were they round a track?

Anonymous

Sorry to Hijack, what is the spoiler on the second pic? is it the TTE??

Anonymous

You really do need to make your mind up WTF you doing with your car  s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:  

Any way, here's mine with Tein SuperStreet C/W EDFC cost over £1000 fitted. I might change to Monoflex later as I like the EDFC system but need to increase the height and not change the spring rate which is one of the downsides to the Superstreet.

Rob.

Ilogik

Quote from: "benji106"Sorry to Hijack, what is the spoiler on the second pic? is it the TTE??

Decided to keep the two, make it a bit more practical rob, learn to drive a car fast, rather than just spending loads of money making the car fast   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Really wanted to do some more track days, buying a vx220 for everyday use and driving it to and from college and chance of stuffing it into a wall n a track day put me off a bit. Panels on the mk3 pop off and can be had pretty cheap. I wanted to get more use out of the car.

Still it is having body kit removed, turbo removed, power fc cams ect all removed to stock 1zz.

As for the spoiler its a trd stage 1 i think.

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MR-S-0 ... 1624wt_941 m

custardavenger

If you want it slammed why don't you try the search button.

l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25175&hilit=slammed l
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Lol, Ilogik even posted in that thread!

Ilogik

hmm i was searching for tte and tein springs lol half the threads i clicked had no pics to. That car was super super low lol.

Aiming for this look, excuse bad photoshop and the over sized wheels lol

custardavenger

Well. it's quite simple. Most replacement springs give the standard 30mm drop. If you want lower then you need to go for an ajustable spring shock unit ie Tien Mono Flex or BC racing etc.

There are cars lower than 30mm out there but it's not recomended as you will scrape and struggle with kerbs. So look at any picture of a lowered two and you can almost guarentee it's 30mm drop. Except Nick's   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Edit
If you want it that low you'd better have somewhere to store it at the track.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

philster_d

Quote from: "Ilogik"id like  to get rid of the 4x4  suspension for sure,  and stiffen up the ride alot more. out on track with current set up the back end was well high and I could feel the rear wanting to go.

if it could look this height most the time id be happy

You could just keep going around a roundabout.   s:D :D s:D  

this is on teins, so adjustable.

Cant realy go that low anyway with speed bumps. But for shows I suppose.

Anonymous

As Custard says, even lowering 30mm requires careful negotian of speed humps etc, lower you go harder it becomes to avoid scraping.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ilogik"hmm i was searching for tte and tein springs lol half the threads i clicked had no pics to. That car was super super low lol.

Aiming for this look, excuse bad photoshop and the over sized wheels lol

That looks f*cking awful. You need a mk2 Golf and do it Dub-stylee if you want to go that low.

If you just want it to not look like it's on stilts then a set of TTE or Tein springs will do, and they'll sharpen the ride up as well. Any more than that is just going to be you spunking money up the wall.

Again.

markiii

Quote from: "Dan M"is just going to be you spunking money up the wall.

but he does it so well  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

Some might say even better than I used to  s;) ;) s;)

Tags: