My Ex Machine at it's best. TTE Springs with 30mm drop and 17' wheels

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Ilogik

Quote from: "evileye_xc"My Ex Machine at it's best. TTE Springs with 30mm drop and 17' wheels

Phil

That height looks perfect  s:) :) s:)
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

evileye_wrx

*sighs and wipes a tear from his eye. The nlooks out the window and is happy again*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil
Phil

Ilogik

Quote from: "evileye_xc"*sighs and wipes a tear from his eye. The nlooks out the window and is happy again*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil

haha let me know how it is when frost come phill, the idea of the windscreen frosting up freaked me out a little lol.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "evileye_xc"*sighs and wipes a tear from his eye. The nlooks out the window and is happy again*   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Phil

haha let me know how it is when frost come phill, the idea of the windscreen frosting up freaked me out a little lol.

By that time I will have a little Corsa or similar 'group 1 insurance/low tax/low fuel consuption' to bimble about in so it won't be an issue. Quite possibly by tomorrow.

Phil
Phil

aaronjb

Quote from: "Ilogik"

Phil

Hell, that happens on the Roadster, too..

Then again, we do have a heater that works to defrost it again..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ChrisGB

Get some BC racing coilovers. That way you can buy springs of 4/6/8/10kg/mm for relatively little money, letting you experiment and sharpening the ride up nicely. You can also wind the ride height up and down to your hearts content without affecting the spring preload as they are properly height adjustable.

When I got mine, before adjusting ride height properly, they where giving that slammed look, around -45mm all round. Handling was absolutely dire with all the camber ebbing away as the cornering force built up. If you want to go that low, you will need camber spacers for the hubs to replenish the lost camber build up of the stock ride height. And of course your own private road network with no speed bumps.

Finally settled on around -25mm front -20mm rear. Looks OK, balance is just a little less understeer than stock.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

uktotty

Check my vorkys brace after 30mm on TTE springs

Ilogik

Quote from: "uktotty"Check my vorkys brace after 30mm on TTE springs

yeh I noticed that lol, glad im removing the turbo kit, think the IC would of been quickly coming off   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kentsmudger

Some thoughts - You want to go lower than 30mm, you want to retain some practicality (scraping is a risk) and you are not after a cosmetic / show car?  - Ditch any type of body kit.

I know I have posted this pic before, but it is a daily-driver and weekend toy, sitting on stock size wheels and tyres and 30mm drop TTE springs. I love to blast the country roads and the ride is secure enough on quite poor surfaces. Any lower or harder and I am afraid it will become uncomfortable for daily use.

There is only one speed-bump locally that I have to be wary of (and that only scrapes my breastplate). The front never touches the ground no matter what. Colleagues at work have a Focus ST and a Audi S4, both of them scrape their noses on the ramp into the industrial estate, I don't even slow down for it!

I drive the car every chance I get, and go out of my way to go via a fun road. I have done an airfield day and got some pretty competitive times. I am still exploring what the car is capable of, once I am better than the car then I will mod the car some more.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Ilogik

Quote from: "kentsmudger"Some thoughts - You want to go lower than 30mm, you want to retain some practicality (scraping is a risk) and you are not after a cosmetic / show car?  - Ditch any type of body kit.

I know I have posted this pic before, but it is a daily-driver and weekend toy, sitting on stock size wheels and tyres and 30mm drop TTE springs. I love to blast the country roads and the ride is secure enough on quite poor surfaces. Any lower or harder and I am afraid it will become uncomfortable for daily use.

There is only one speed-bump locally that I have to be wary of (and that only scrapes my breastplate). The front never touches the ground no matter what. Colleagues at work have a Focus ST and a Audi S4, both of them scrape their noses on the ramp into the industrial estate, I don't even slow down for it!

I drive the car every chance I get, and go out of my way to go via a fun road. I have done an airfield day and got some pretty competitive times. I am still exploring what the car is capable of, once I am better than the car then I will mod the car some more.

Think ill go for the TTE springs, and im actually going to try and fit them myself   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Really do need to learn somewhere and actually try and get my hands dirty instead of chickening out.  As for kit, unlike the mk2 which I think looks wicked lowered with some nice wheels, I still can't bring myself to love the stock looks of the mk3.

markiii

thought you already had coilovers? in which case you will need standard shocks to fit teh TTEs
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"thought you already had coilovers? in which case you will need standard shocks to fit the TTEs

no bud got after market struts

This is a high spec damper available from this exclusive company and come ready for the street/circuit/windy scene/drift. The single tube shell case design allows for a highly efficient, extremely accurate and durable damper.

not really found any proper specs on it apart from this.

ex-member

As much as I love to say to peopel to try fitting things themselves.....dont try fitting springs yourself Al!

That's NOT a good thing to start with lol.

Service items....brakes....then springs etc.

Ilogik

was reading the how to, looked pretty straight forward. Might get someone to come help me who is a bit more mechanical.

ex-member

Yeh it is relatively straight forward, but certainly not for your first mechanical exploit lol.

If you've got someone useful nearby then yeh have them shadow you....forget to tighten something up, or something daft, and thats your car totalled remember.

filcee

Quote from: "Ilogik"learn to drive a car fast, rather than just spending loads of money making the car fast  

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you want to go fast why not spend the money on some fast driving tuition?

Then, if you think you can better Toyota's engineering dept. buy some lowering springs to your own spec, or just go the easy way and fit the "factory-option" TTE springs.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Ilogik

Quote from: "filcee"
Quote from: "Ilogik"learn to drive a car fast, rather than just spending loads of money making the car fast  

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you want to go fast why not spend the money on some fast driving tuition?

Then, if you think you can better Toyota's engineering dept. buy some lowering springs to your own spec, or just go the easy way and fit the "factory-option" TTE springs.

ay thats what i was planning on doing. Get enjoy the car more at the same time that way/

Pavett1990

30mm on TRD springs

Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

markiii

you sure

TRD don't make a 30mm drop? TTE by any chance?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Pavett1990

Defiantly TRD and def lower too.. What drops do they do?
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Tags: