what do u think of the new Toyota?

Started by Acehole, October 21, 2009, 18:02

Acehole

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=150363724&page=1

I think its gonna be good myself.

I put my money on it
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

markiii

prefer the 370Z myself
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Acehole

I see what your saying but u cant beat Toyota reliablity.
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

s12vea

I like it !  s8) 8) s8)
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

aaronjb

A lot of styling cues from the 370/GTR (and their inspiration) at the back end, I think, particularly the rear quarters..

I like it, but again think I prefer the Datsun..

I do like this quote, though:
Quotepressing hard to convince authorities that the future really will be by-wire. After all, aircraft seem to get away with it OK, don't they?

Yes, and I think your average aircraft has a little more design & test time than the average car, not to mention the 'mechanics' are a little more highly trained..

Heck, Toyota already have a bit of a problem with electronics causing cars to career into things at high speed, killing people in the process... Sure, I'll trust drive by wire!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

inert2k3

Love it... I think thats a pretty car   s8) 8) s8)  Only criticism would be the lower half of the rear end which looks like not as much thought has gone into it as the front end

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

markiii

pretty?

really must be in teh eye of teh beholder the, it looks short, stumpy and pretty ugly to me  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

It's not a bad looking car, but it's irritating me simply because it's not ready. Look at the interior: Yes, I know it's a 'concept', but we also know that it's going to be built and will come in either Toyota or Subaru flavours, so why not show us what the interior will look like? No way is it going to look anything like the concept, and given just how bland Toyota interiors are of late (have you seen the grey and black blandscape that is the Urban Cruiser?) it wouldn't have been that hard to knock something up. I can't see it being remotely sporty either with just 150bhp-ish and it's got to weigh the wrong side of 1400kg at least, so that equates to a 0-60 time of about 4-5 hours. Why can't they just pop a lovely V6 in there with about 300 ponies and give Nissan a real run for their money, 'cos that's a much better looking car than the 370Z and would surely sell better given the Toyota brand name.

/whinge

Wabbitkilla

Nah, I think it's pig ugleeeee ... much prefer the 370Z roadster
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

Quote from: "aaronjb"A lot of styling cues from the 370/GTR (and their inspiration) at the back end, I think, particularly the rear quarters..

I like it, but again think I prefer the Datsun..

I do like this quote, though:
Quotepressing hard to convince authorities that the future really will be by-wire. After all, aircraft seem to get away with it OK, don't they?

Yes, and I think your average aircraft has a little more design & test time than the average car, not to mention the 'mechanics' are a little more highly trained..

Heck, Toyota already have a bit of a problem with electronics causing cars to career into things at high speed, killing people in the process... Sure, I'll trust drive by wire!

was this not designed well before the 370 though

I remember this being round few years ago, was meant to be rumored the new mr2 concept.
W
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Acehole

When it arrives i let u guys know what its like  s;) ;) s;)

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "Ilogik"I remember this being round few years ago, was meant to be rumored the new mr2 concept.
W

That is the Lexus LSA concept and it looks like it may become reality with a ridiculous price tag;
 m http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=20846 m
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Acehole

I let u know what the lexus is like also   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "Ilogik"I remember this being round few years ago, was meant to be rumored the new mr2 concept.
W

That is the Lexus LSA concept and it looks like it may become reality with a ridiculous price tag;
 m http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=20846 m

The above im pretty sure is deffo the toyota posted

As for that new Supra/lexus looky car looks great apart from the front, rear end looks like a lambo, front end looks really mis matched.

What ever happened to this?

I just hope Mazda release the RX9

Acehole

I was all set to buy the RX8 R3 recently as i need a 4 seater ontop of mr2 with 15k budget. Then i found out tax was £400 a year and thought no thanks. I do like the RX's even going back to the 7. Bet the 9 will be Expensive to tax and run etc also.

Ilogik

Quote from: "Acehole"I was all set to buy the RX8 R3 recently as i need a 4 seater ontop of mr2 with 15k budget. Then i found out tax was £400 a year and thought no thanks. I do like the RX's even going back to the 7. Bet the 9 will be Expensive to tax and run etc also.

i thought the rx8 came as a 1.3 on the tax thing same as the rx7, was the 400 a month not only for cars after 06? as I enquired about this when I was looking at S2K's. Have always wanted a rx7, but the fact the guzzle fuel and oil and engines are like urban legends in garages round here I tried to avoid my craving.

Acehole

Co2 emissions on thr RX8 R3 is emmence. So yeah from the 08 onwards there £400 tax

philster_d

I think I might consider a subaru next. Lately nice jap stuff has lost its fadiness with the comon man. Also a subaru seems less chavy than it was. Prolly a black WRX. I need a drive to confirm it suits me.

Phil

Ilogik

Quote from: "philster_d"I think I might consider a subaru next. Lately nice jap stuff has lost its fadiness with the comon man. Also a subaru seems less chavy than it was. Prolly a black WRX. I need a drive to confirm it suits me.

Phil

Subaru noo man! noo.

Typical subaru drivers consist of chavs, rude boys or asians pretending they are black gangsters driving round with illegal tints and the seat rolled right back lol. Don't think I have ever actually seen a subaru driven by someone who didn't think he was a hard knock lol. I think evo's have a bit more class to them but just not my cup of tea.

Anonymous

And typical MR2s are driven by chavs with more money than sense or by hairdressers. What's your point?

uktotty

FUGLY

Ilogik

Quote from: "Dan M"And typical MR2s are driven by chavs with more money than sense or by hairdressers. What's your point?

MR2 community tends to be made up of decent people. Maybe its living in Birmingham, but the subaru do tend to attract a different type of owner. Even when I was getting car mapped i was making general chat saying was there any cars that were a pain to map which I got a reply : I hate mapping scooby's reply: Why? Reply: having to deal with the owners lol.

Ay I hope your not trying to call me a chav lol far from it, I think having chrome wheels makes you more of a chav if I remember rightly   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

My point was you're stereotyping car owners, and tbh the Impreza has a better rep than the MR2 I'd say so glass houses and all that would seem to apply  s;) ;) s;)

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "Ilogik"... rumored the new mr2 concept.
W

That is the Lexus LSA concept

The above Im pretty sure is deffo the toyota posted

They look similar but the red one is smaller than an IQ, electric and tops out at 60 mph - What a waste of time!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Ilogik

Quote from: "kentsmudger"
Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"That is the Lexus LSA concept

The above Im pretty sure is deffo the toyota posted

They look similar but the red one is smaller than an IQ, electric and tops out at 60 mph - What a waste of time!

christ, is it meant to be like a smart car then?  i don't understand why they don't make fast electric eco friendly sports cars, that look good rather than eco friendly cars that are slow and look pig ugly. If the prius was a 2 seater light weight car, with that MPG, im sure they would be sold in the bucket load.

Tags: