Interference

Started by Comer, February 23, 2004, 11:11

Comer

Just thought I'd share this with you. On Sat evening I was out with the missus shopping when I decided to go to a store to get my wireless video sender thingy whilst the other half went off to a girly shop.

Anyway it was bl**dy cold so she decides to text me to see if I'd finished buying so that she can meet me at the car.  Anyway as she presses the send button on her phone she hears a car alarm go off and guess what it's mine.  So she goes over to investigate and after a while it stops.

She then tries to call me instead and guess what happens the alarm goes off again.  Anyway I had left my phone in the cup hole on the centre console and below that is a  microwave sensor for my aftermarket alarm.   So if I leave the phone there, every time the phone receives a text or call in that holder it sets off the alarm!!!

Another weird thing happened once I got home and I got the wireless video thingy set up.  I'm happily watching the TV in bed when the lamp next to the TV starts switching on and off!  It's one of those finger touch lamps and the wireless receiver was causing that to switch on as if I touched it every time I changed channel!
  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Tem

Quote from: "Comer"So if I leave the phone there, every time the phone receives a text or call in that holder it sets off the alarm!

My alarms manual says not to leave a mobile or any metallic stuff near it anyway...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

A previous car of mine used to get the doors unlocked by radio sisnals from passing taxi's.
This was in Newcastle. The car was never interfered with.
Want to guess what it was?

A Citroen BW!

Anonymous

Doh!

BW=BX  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tem

Quote from: "Gordy"Doh!

You can edit your message with , there's no need to correct mistakes with a new post  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Tags: