bonnets

Started by alancdavis, November 19, 2009, 14:36

alancdavis

I have decided that my bonnett is plain and drab...so my thoughts are a bit of cosmetic bull to enhance it,,,,,may be some intake scoops or similat add on bits

Any ideas or pictures
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

evileye_wrx

C one carbon fibre bonnet? That has vents on the front. As seen in any of the pics of my old car on here. I bought mine from Prolex

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

northernalex

Whats the point of scoops on a bonnet where there is no engine? I know that with the C-one bonnet and the gubbins below it removed and the C-one Al Underbody (that I have) it is supposed to give you some front downforce, but if you're not doing that, then to be honest it looks a bit pants..
(sorry Phil).

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "northernalex"Whats the point of scoops on a bonnet where there is no engine? I know that with the C-one bonnet and the gubbins below it removed and the C-one Al Underbody (that I have) it is supposed to give you some front downforce, but if you're not doing that, then to be honest it looks a bit pants..
(sorry Phil).

Alex

Oh yeah, cos everyone knows my car didn't look very good   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

alancdavis

As I said  cosmetic looks only......still I guess you could vent the scoop to the engine bay for additional cooling    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

northernalex

Quote from: "evileye_xc"
Quote from: "northernalex"Whats the point of scoops on a bonnet where there is no engine? I know that with the C-one bonnet and the gubbins below it removed and the C-one Al Underbody (that I have) it is supposed to give you some front downforce, but if you're not doing that, then to be honest it looks a bit pants..
(sorry Phil).

Alex

Oh yeah, cos everyone knows my car didn't look very good   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Phil

Never said that.. said I think bonnet scoops in a rear engined car looks pants. Overall your car looked good, but if you just had the bonnet it would look poor imho
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Tags: