Car Matching / Selling Services

Started by Chris, February 25, 2004, 16:17

Chris

Hi all,

I know places like automatch and cardata seem to have loads of negative publicity about their services and the fact they don't always work, but has anyone heard of a company called autoseek?

Their offer is to advertise on at least 4 car selling sites from £8!

Sounds a little fishy to me, but surely not all of these companies can be bad rip off merchants?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

aaronjb

Hmm.. I'd find out which sites they advertise on - my bet is that it's not any of the major ones..

I mean, to place an ad on autotrader online yourself costs more than that alone..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris

I know, cost me £15 for 2 weeks web advert.

According to http://www.autoseek.co.uk/autotrader-alternative.htm they advertise on fish4cars, cardata(!!?), mirrorcars and usedcarsonline, plus a few others that use cardata as their search engine

There's gotta be a catch somewhere...
[size=100]
[/size]

aaronjb

Quote from: "Chris"There's gotta be a catch somewhere...

Easy: Nobody (or very few people) uses those search engines to look for cars?  s:D :D s:D  With the possible exception of fish4 (thanks to their TV advertising)..

I think the paper Autotrader is better than the online one btw - I once advertised my Renault 19 16v via their website.. I had one call.. And that was from an agency wanting £100 to sell my car for me. Not one single enquiry from a member of the public...

Everyone else I know that sells cars on a regular basis uses the paper version of the 'trader, and has much more success..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Chris

Quote from: "aaronjb"Everyone else I know that sells cars on a regular basis uses the paper version of the 'trader, and has much more success..

I fear you may be right - only a few genuine enquiries myself...   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
But you never know if that's because no-one's seen it/interested or the price is too high etc.

For only £8 I may bite the bullet in the sake of 'market research' and also give the paper autotrader a go...
[size=100]
[/size]

Slacey

Agreed, a couple of friends deal in cars (one private, one trade) and they both use the printed version. They both use eBay occasionaly too, with mixed results...
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Have you tried http://www.findit.co.uk? It's free, you can put pics on and from what I gather, quite a few people use it to find cars.

My mate had his MX-5 in autotrader and local rags, not a bit of interest. Stuck it on findit and was sold in 2 days   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Might have been lucky, but can't hurt if you haven't tried it  s;) ;) s;)

aaronjb

Quote from: "Hanslow"Might have been lucky, but can't hurt if you haven't tried it  s;) ;) s;)

Certainly can't hurt if it's free  s:) :) s:)

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/nissan/skyline/1054383.htm drooool!

Admittedly the whole site is littered with those annoying 'vibrating' animated GIF adverts..

heathstimpson

I have always had the best success using local papers as many donot want to travel far unless its a bit of a speciality motor. Oh and always put it in at a sensible price or your just wasting your time.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: