2006 MR2 options?

Started by nacnud, December 9, 2009, 21:10

nacnud

I'm looking at buying a 2005 or 2006 MR2 (red if you have one!) for the wife. We've had 3 roadsters already and always with a hardtop, which we like for the winter months. There aren't many 2006 cars about and I haven't seen a red one yet with a hardtop - was this deleted from the options list for the later cars or perhaps less people specified them? Anyone know?

Anonymous

The hard top and fixing kit can be added for around £5-600 second hand later if you find one without a hard top.

davidhowson

As far as I know, the hard top was an option to the very end. However, the SMT was dropped in the last 18 months of sales in the UK.

Silverman

I can offer a 2004, 21K, FTSH, etc., for £6500.....   NO HARDTOP THOUGH, 'CAUSE ITS A 12 MONTH ROADSTER.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

enid_b

Quote from: "Silverman"I can offer a 2004, 21K, FTSH, etc., for £6500.....   NO HARDTOP THOUGH, 'CAUSE ITS A 12 MONTH ROADSTER.

edited to remove weak attempt at humour  s:) :) s:)
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

mrzwei

Sorry guys and gals but why oh why do you want a red one? The only cars that look good in red are Feraries (not sure I've spelt that right).  Silver or black are the only serious options (duck)   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

StuM

Ah - but do you mean one with red body work, or the 'Red' edition one - sable with red roof?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

Everyone has a fav colour, all i will say is i had a choice of all colours when i bought mine and it was a no brainer for me.  s:D :D s:D

VVT-i

Quote from: "nelix"Everyone has a fav colour, all i will say is i had a choice of all colours when i bought mine and it was a no brainer for me.  s:D :D s:D

I can say the same   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

Tags: