autosock

Started by firepower, December 26, 2009, 15:54

aaronjb

I really need to get me some of those..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

custardavenger

Would it be time to think about these again?

Can those who bought them confirm they are good?

Maybe we can do a GB?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

JiMR2

Good shout Rob, i could well be interested... not been caught out by the snow in the '2... yet... only my 2nd winter though n dont fancy pushing my luck if a set of these bad boys could live in the frunk...
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Mike G

Have'nt seen the forecast......... is snow imminent then ?
2004 Facelift in Crystal Silver (sub 30k)  with genuine bodykit,Precats out,Red Leather,Remus Dual Exhaust,Carbon Thresholds,vvti Badging on wings,TTE chrome fuel flap surround,Bridgestone Potenza REO40's ,Aerial override mode,RED Mohair roof, Bonnet and engine cover gas struts and a few other small internal tweaks :-)
And now... Mikes (my own) anti dash creak mod !

custardavenger

Yep!
Project Custard Clicky

silverstreaker

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you fit them (the part of the tyre that sits on the road surface I mean).
How much are they.

kentsmudger

I'm going for winter tyres this time - At least they still work on tarmac
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

stargazer30

Quote from: "silverstreaker"Excuse my ignorance, but how do you fit them (the part of the tyre that sits on the road surface I mean).
How much are they.

Its easy apparently.  Pull them over the tyre, drive a bit forward and cover up the bit that was on the road.

I'd be potentially interested in a group buy on these guys. Can't afford winter tyres and mine will most likely need to be driven over xmas.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

deadmau5

I'd be interested in a GB as well

michaelasaunders

Quote from: "deadmau5"I'd be interested in a GB as well

Me too
Fiat Stilo 1.9TD 53 plate - 3 door - red
Ex-MR2 - X reg, Blue, Hard Top

PeteT

Bugger, if you guys organise a GB i wont be happy. Mine arrived this morning  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   I also ordered a windscreen protector and a free ice scrape was included  s:) :) s:)  
I remember last year every one sold out of snow chains etc when i needed a buy a set for a passat we drove to the alps so decided to get in early this year.

i ordered in preperation of the pending snow shower coming this week. I know it wont amount to much but i need to be prepared as i work at the bottom of a very steep hill and in the middle of the pennines.
Pete

firepower

I bought these last year and had to use them almost every day from late December through to february to get up our street and they worked very well even through inches of fresh soft snow or compacted ice up hill   s:D :D s:D  
So I would recommend them for getting off your streets or estates on to the main roads but they should be removed when you get on to the clear roads .
you will be supprised how well they work on snow  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

custardavenger

Any good on ice?
Project Custard Clicky

firepower

Quote from: "custardavenger"Any good on ice?

yep   s:D :D s:D
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft

Andy_Foz

You big girls! If I can manage a 100 mile commute a day on a bike without falling off (and yes, that was even in last feb's weather) I'm sure you can all manage it in your nice heated cars! Lol

Andy

silverstreaker

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"You big girls! If I can manage a 100 mile commute a day on a bike without falling off (and yes, that was even in last feb's weather) I'm sure you can all manage it in your nice heated cars! Lol

Andy
Gosh, I am impressed.        s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

firepower

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"You big girls! If I can manage a 100 mile commute a day on a bike without falling off (and yes, that was even in last feb's weather) I'm sure you can all manage it in your nice heated cars! Lol

Andy
wow your a keen biker   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  but even you would not have been able to get my car off my street last christmas , perhaps you could have towed me up my street as the only problem i had was the first 100 meters or so   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

MisterK

Right, in view of the weather forecast & the fact that I had to drive my Roadster in 4" of snow down the M42 last January to rescue my wife who had just been T-boned by some idiot whilst stationary at a roundabout in her Skoda Fabia, I have ordered a set from Roofbox.  The autosock size 605 fits the 215/45/16 rear on the MR2 and also the 205/45/16 on the Skoda.  I don't want to repeat having to 'try' to drive the MR2 in the snow again.  Last winter was bad enough, but the rear Bridgestones are even more worn - legal but I dread to think what they will be like on snow & ice.  As I use the car daily for commuting I'll feel a lot happier whilst at work if the snow does come down & I've got some Autosocks handy to get me home in one piece.
MarkK.
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

filcee

I'm interested in a GB if it can be organised (and I just received a set for the Mini this morning too!)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

creamykiwi

good call rob, i'm in for a group buy... i did ok with the 2 last winter but my flat's parking space is  at the bottom of a slope... and if it behaves like it did on my family's driveway last year, i don't fancy trying to get in or out without the autosocks!

MisterK

My Autosock's arrived this morning, 1st class post - only ordered Wednesday evening so great service from Roofbox.  Just in time by the look of it.  No snow here in the Midlands at the moment, but from the weather forecast it looks as if I could be using them within the next few days.  Anyway, I'll feel a lot happier to drive the MR2 in the winter & know I'll get home.
MarkK
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

Tags: