Misting Inside

Started by wbarrwebster, January 20, 2010, 22:02

wbarrwebster

Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious.

My wife was complaining that she was having to use the A/C all the time to keep the windows from misting up.

As this wasn't happening in previous winters I assumed the drains must be blocked.

I checked the drains at the weekend, nothing to report....

Was as a passenger in the car on Wednesday, I noticed the external air circulation level was in the LHS (closed position) so I pushed it to the right (open position)..Never thought that this could be the problem....how dumb am I?

No more misting up!!  

Crazy how something as simple as that can result in a problem issue!!

B
W. B. Webster

normanh

Simple, check for wet patches on carpets and then the drains! I have this problem currently and its a question of finding where the waters coming from. Its mositure inside the car condensing on the windows as the car warms up after the night time cold snap.

normanh

Reecemac

Dont think it was a question   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I did the same thing until about a week ago, was all steamed up everytime found the drains were blocked but still the same result, read on here about changing the circulation and its been fine since! was annoying me for about 2 months.

creamykiwi

thank you, will keep an eye on mine  s:D :D s:D  i have a tendency to be late in the mornings so my car is currently steaming up on the way to work from my washed-but-only-half-blowdried hair  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  hoping this will go away in the summer when i can drive to work topless. the car, not me!!

Chris 180SX

I didn't have this problem, using either poition on the switch...  BUT I do now, ever since I had the top down on a really damp day - I presume the seats etc have soaked up lots of moisture   s:( :( s:(

Thudd

Heater up, window down. Job done.

wbarrwebster

Quote from: "Thudd"Heater up, window down. Job done.

You forgot to mention, wind up your arse and out yer ears!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

B
W. B. Webster

Tags: