2003+ Fog sizes or bumper hole sizes

Started by nathanMR2, February 4, 2010, 20:18

nathanMR2

Does anyone have/know the dimentions of the fog lights at all?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Peter Wright

PM Richie he fitted aftermarket ones
 l viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18087&p=223470&hilit=fog#p223470 l
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

nathanMR2

Thanks for that. It my come in handy

Ive got a facelift bumper on its way to me in the near future but no fogs in it.

I was looking at fitting day time running lights in instead. Ive found some round ones but need to check they would fit.

Anyone with a facelift car who could measure the size of the light from top to bottom when they get a second?

Also would it be possible to run these direct from the side light feed?

nathanMR2

Any one?   s:( :( s:(

SteveJ

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Also would it be possible to run these direct from the side light feed?

I would question the legality of doing that and thats not to mention it's highly chavish and stupid   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

nathanMR2

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "nathanMR2"Also would it be possible to run these direct from the side light feed?

I would question the legality of doing that and thats not to mention it's highly chavish and stupid   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Warranted its not ideal.

However, its one things actually being able to get hold of the fogs 2nd hand but I don't really want to fork out over £100 on 2nd hand ones when they would be something I would rarely use.

Ive been looking for some for a while and they don't come up very often and when they do, in my opinion they are way over priced.

This is why I was looking at alternatives instead of having 2 round holes in my bumper.

E

Hi Nathan I don't have the measurements for the holes as I'm still at work, but on the wiring front why not use the existing fog light wiring as this would enable you to switch them on or off using the fog light switch also using the light to warn you whether they are on or not,( just realised that as your car is pre facelift it probably doesn't have either the switch or the wiring, if this is so ignore the old fool  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) still it maybe worth getting hold of an OEM switch if its not there as I'm sure the hole for it will be.

nathanMR2

Yes mate im a preface lift.

Just got my name down on a black facelift bumper..... but no fogs   s:( :( s:(  

I just need someone to measure the fog light from top to bottom. Im guessing it would be around 7cm

E

I'm sure someone will get back to you with the measurements before I can but if not ill measure them for you when I get home later.

nathanMR2

Really no rush but be great if you could   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Mike68

The ones from autopia are about £60 delivered, I can ask them how much delivery would be for 2 sets, they do a free angel eye option and some wiring is also included. Also included is a set of blue bulbs but only muppets fit blue bulbs to lights on cars. Would also ask them if they could sort it so there's no 'extra' charges as these would be imported. Let me know what you think about these fog lights.
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

E

Hi Nathan just got home and measured the fog lights, so the diameter across the lens is approximately 9 cm and the actual hole at the part where the lens is is approx 10 cm the hole is slightly tapered so I assume a small adjustment could be made by setting the lights either further in or out. hope this is of use.

nathanMR2

Thanks Ian, youve saved the day. Atleast ive got something to work with.

Mike, that deff sounds like a good option if they fit. Ill check them out abit later and maybe we could both get a set

Tags: