2ZZ GT300 restoration NEW pics added.

Started by Ilogik, February 18, 2010, 16:26

Ilogik

Well now the silver car is sold, after many attempts and mind changes.

Silver car gone and blue car begins.

Needs some work, so far the only job i have done is fit the hard top and clear the shit out of the drains.

Plans so far

2ZZ  6 speed swap (bought)
Remove soft top
Remove spoiler
Hardtop and window surround painting + bumper reinforcing and repairing
Cat 1 alarm
Tax + mot

Couple of recent photos

photoshop of blue roof
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

aaronjb

That looks stunning.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Body kit is rather awesome

Anonymous

Where was the pic taken? looks like there is a variety of spare parts there,what's going on with the red hard top?.

Ilogik

red car is someones race car i think, its taken at my home away from home Rogue.

mattbrown82

Sounds like a great project.

Interesting that you're getting rid of the soft top. Are you putting in a rollcage?
[size=85]00 silver
01 Blue 2zz - sold
03 Sable - sold[/size]

Ilogik

No roll cage, don't fancy driving round with one for every day driving, saw a guy over on spyderchat get brain damage after having a smash and hitting his head on the cage.

evileye_wrx

Just a thought, how would it look with a black hard top and windscreen surround? And some time later a carbon bonnet and engine lid, oh and I'd keep the spoiler. It's meaty and chunky enough to carry it off I think. Unless your unloading it to me on the cheap that is  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Wabbitkilla

I think you've made the right decision there Al, i actually prefer these pictures to the ones you originally posted, it'll be great when it's finished and running   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Ilogik

as i say need work, I can't belive how neglected the car was, especially how much it cost the original owner, they paid 10k for it two years ago and I paid £2800

mrzwei

Just get rid of the orange side repeaters fairly quickly. They just sooo clash with the blue   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I think you've made the right decision there Al, i actually prefer these pictures to the ones you originally posted, it'll be great when it's finished and running   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

+1

Anonymous

Quote from: "mrzwei"Just get rid of the orange side repeaters fairly quickly. They just sooo clash with the blue   s:D :D s:D

Did someone mention indicators!

l viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26364&p=324826&hilit=colour+coded+indicators#p324826 l

markiii

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"I think you've made the right decision there Al, i actually prefer these pictures to the ones you originally posted, it'll be great when it's finished and running   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

tend to agree it does look rather nice
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Worked out every possible route, break it put on blue, put engine into blue, break silver, decided a 2zz now would be best route of action rather than buy a 1zz engine and box + fitting when for a bit more i could go 2zz with 6 speed fitted.

Selling the silver one complete net'd me the most money and less of a head ache. Thing im not looking forwards to is having to get it mot'd tax'd and new alarm a love clifford alarms and they cost a bomb.

StuM

Yes, I like it.  Have been unsure of widebodies in the past, but that just looks right.

I also like the spoiler on that one.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Ilogik

Spoiler looks good head on, and from the side, its the rear shot i hate

custardavenger

It is nice looking I really like that kit.

I would also keep the spoiler or have something similar. Think you need a big wing on a wide body.

Edit

Is that the standard GT300 bumper or a modded stock one?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Nah,saves buying a boot rack so you can easy get your shopping home on that.

You can never have too much wing.

Ilogik

Quote from: "custardavenger"Is that the standard GT300 bumper or a modded stock one?

standard gt300 bumper.

Ilogik

it was this car that gave me the bug for a monocraft

dan has been really helpful with my questions too which is a bonus.

Genuine kits have deeper arches compared to the bought kits, also has few other variations too.

markiii

beleive it or not Halford do some realy nice carbon wings (quality is fairly good too)

Adam had one on his GT300
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

I agree with Bry, it needs a spoiler - just not that one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Mike68

The car does look stunning, shame about the rear bumper imo but excellent colour and kit.
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

Ilogik

its having one of these when budget allows, first thing is put a heart in it, second is make it road legal  s:) :) s:)   3rd alarm

Tags: