2ZZ GT300 restoration NEW pics added.

Started by Ilogik, February 18, 2010, 16:26

AmeR

There was a twin veilside on going on Spyderchat not too long ago!!? Remember thinking it would look good on your motor but thought it was bring flogged so I kept my trap shut!

JiMR2

Is it for sale Al????
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Ilogik

Nope, going to try and finish the project I started.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Anonymous

Might be advisable to close your "For Sale" thread down then before you get grief about offering something for sale that isnt etc blah blah.

widermuller

If you wish to keep it origional, so it might gain value due to rarity, are you going to respray it red? Which I assume was the origional judging by the door shuts? I think your going the right way by NOT cladding un-origional stuff over it, as in future years a car like this could be considered one of the mr2's worth having. However, a genuine TRD exhaust or even seats would be nice  s:D :D s:D  , and would be in keeping with what someone might have fitted to the car in Japan.
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

Ilogik

The seats arent in my car at the mo, but it did used to be red, but the only red you can see is in the engine bay. So will get that sorted at a later stage, the blue red combo don't look so great.

markiii

Quote from: "widermuller"I think your going the right way by NOT cladding un-origional stuff over it, as in future years a car like this could be considered one of the mr2's worth having.

hmm 2zz is not exactly stock though is it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

widermuller

I'm quite sure that will be an interesting debate for future collectors, as from what I'm led to believe the monocraft replicas (correct me if i'm wrong) were fitted with the standard engine, the real GT300 racers are fitted with a 2zz and turbo'ed from what limited imformation there is on the net about them. Correct?

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

Ilogik

think most of the real gt300 cars run 3SGTE engines. As for the road going versions they depend on the customers preference, there are a few turbo'd versions. One of the Trial workers has a genuine car too running a 2zz, so I think a 2zz you can get away with   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

widermuller

Well they were relying on an old bit of kit then! First used in ST 165 Celica GT4's.

Ilogik

Back in 2000 the 3SGTE was still pretty new. Engines are solid and can make good power. power cap rate is 300bhp i think hence the gt300.

widermuller

Hummm, when I tried to read up on this, the classes are split GT300 AND GT500 (cars raced on the same track) which I think means cars up to 3litres and cars up to 5litres NSX's ran in GT500 class from what I've read for example.

markiii

It's either original or its not

It's not the original engine type, nor colour

Bit late to wrry about originality now
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

GT300 and GT500 i think it the power cap rating, GT300 was a max of 300bhp.

Anyways a little update, after deciding to spend the money on my current car than spending more money on another car the car is finally being finished  s:) :) s:)  

Fresh new paint,align all the panels, fibreglass repair, New high quality black satin mesh throughout and to top it off a nice BGW. Not to everyones taste, but it needed something, the back looked to small compared to the rest of the car. Plus they add 20bhp   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  along with the snake oil.

Car is having a TRD adjustable rear wing, quite big but it matches the TRD look and feel   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Little picture of the offending item  s:) :) s:)  

and a couple of recent pictures.

Ilogik

Does anyone on here own it or seen it floating about? Seems to have vanished

dj2k21

What wheels are they ilogik?  Look very similar to the work wheels I'm after

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Ilogik

Work Meisters Sp1s 17x7 et 0 and 17x8 et 0

dj2k21

Ahhh that's why they look so similar. Where did the wheels get purchased from? I'm after some 9" fronts and 11" rears but unsure what offset to get.

[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Ilogik

They were built especially for the monocraft car as a special order item for Toyota, 9is massive! I take it you are super wide or have some custom wheel wells as te 7s used to catch the body on the inside. Rears are fine just the front wheels cause the issue. been nearly 2 years I think since I sold it

dj2k21

Yeah the veilside is a good 8" wider then standard. They are 8" at moment and have a little more to give. Looks like the state's is my only option

Tags: