2ZZ GT300 restoration NEW pics added.

Started by Ilogik, February 18, 2010, 16:26

Wabbitkilla

Yeah, that spoiler looks right, showy without being too outrageous   s8) 8) s8)  

2ZZ is a good choice for a car looking like that - but there was that V8  s:?: :?: s:?:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

I'd put a 2grfe v6 in personally

is that spoiler teh same as Niges?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

E

I Love it and cant wait to see it in the flesh. I would think long and hard before getting rid of the spoiler, although it would be too much on a standard 2 I think your car needs something like it, try photo shopping it out and I think it will look wrong. Good luck with the build.

Ilogik

with no spoiler e

two other genuine cars

m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a--iuMcE5n0 m

has tiny one

Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

uktotty

The BFW is horrible, why are people even thinking you should keep it!!! ?

scottish_turbo

Definitely get rid of that wing as it must be fitted through the engine lid vents as the uprights are too close together.

ChrisHumes

will look excellent when finished mate. keep a good thread on this. its got me looking at gt300's now. best body on the '2 ive seen. cash allowing, id put a v6 in there.

OlberJ

Keep the wing, just move the legs out further to the sides rather than the centre, that's what ruins it.

Does look pretty meaty though. When you gonna sell it?   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

evileye_wrx

Buy Nigel's C-One wing quick before it goes!!

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

E

I think Nige's is the same style but lower I'm sure they did Two different sizes.

inert2k3

Lose the wing

Def get the same one as the sable GT300   s8) 8) s8)  

Mohammed   s:D :D s:D

Edit: Just realised that we're all throwing advice at you.... and you didn't even ask for any this time!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

loadswine

Quote from: "E"I think Nige's is the same style but lower I'm sure they did Two different sizes.

The C-One I have is 225mm from upper rear edge of wing to deck below just for info.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

Couple of new parts sourced,

MWR 2ZZ engine mount
MWR DIP Stick tube

Possibly got hold of a used light weight fidanza flywheel if the price is right

Found out that the rear spoiler is a cusco item.

philster_d

need a rear skirt to go with the wing.

Ilogik

Little update, Just got back from dropping off some parts, car is currently having the engine lid painted, and the hard top, spoiler is removed  s:) :) s:)  Amazing how different it looks spoilerless

Ilogik

1 week to go before the work commences, feel like an excited little school boy!

uktotty

I am sure we can club together and get you one Logik

Ilogik

what a little school boy? that is disturbing  s:P :P s:P

StuM

PMSL @ Russ

The build sounds good, look forward to seeing the progress pics.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Ilogik

Few pics with the big gay wing gone and the hard top painted up  s:) :) s:)  

Hope you like, project is going bit slower than planned and costing bit more  s:( :( s:(  

Car was painted at Haywoods for free bump. Paint if aftermarket and the match seems good so can't complain as some places struggle to match after market paints.

scottish_turbo

Good stuff! It is looking better already.

Anonymous

Bloody hell, as you kmow I'm new to the 2 and didn't realise they could look that good with a body kit  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I was only planning to spend a grand or so getting mine to look and drive how I  imagined..............I don't think I'll be able to afford the new vision now  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Stunning car Ilogik.

Quote from: "Ilogik"what a little school boy? that is disturbing  s:P :P s:P
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Ilogik

Some update shots

Went to collect the wheels today so I could get my rays valves fitted to the rears as both the rear valves were fucked. The wheels were all rusty and manked up with some sort of black tar. Gave them a good clean and they came up a treat, no more rust and no more tar.

For people interested in the rear sizes they are 17x8 et 0 waiting on the front to get done.

Ilogik

What a day, went to collect manifold 20 miles away from parcel force as they are useless tits, 24 express delivery turned into 48 because they wouldn't let me pay customs without the letter  s:( :( s:(  Which never came until this afternoon which would of been too late.

Car has the engine in ect was just waiting on the manifold and some wiring, they reckon it should be fired up today or tomorrow  s:) :) s:) Im  so excited, seeing it with an engine made my day  s:) :) s:)  

Manifold looks really nicely made and shiny.

DannyN

err, pictures ??   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: