Creaky door hinges & getting the centre tunnel up...

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2010, 13:48

Anonymous

Hi chaps,

Couple of quick Q's... both doors on my new MR2 creak loudly when opened - what's the best stuff to sort this? WD-40 / lithium grease / something similar?

Secondly, the heated seats are great but it switches have been wired up the wrong way round   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   the switches are mounted on the central gearstick tunnel between the seats so I need to get this up so I can (presumably easily) swap the cables over. Is this easy to remove / replace? Any tips?

Loving the MR2 so far.. it's so nimble. If I could put the VVTLi 190bhp from my celica into it, that would certainly be something!

Thanks
Simon

roger

Hi Simon. Not quite sure if I ever welcomed you to the club. if not sorry, and Welcome   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Definitely grease on the door hinges. You need something that lubricates and stays there. I don't like lithium because of the white residue, but in theory any general type grease will work.

As to the tunnel, there are 2 screws each side. The fronts are difficult with the seat in situ, unless you have a cranked screwdriver suggest take seats out - then don't put the screws back in if you are ever likely to have it out again. I have, no problems at all.

That might give you enough space to do what you want, but if not, then its gear knob off and slip it over the stick. Don't be rough with it though, plenty of wires and clips that could come undone if not handled gently.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

muffdan

Hi,

Regarding the centre console, it's held by 4 screws. If you slide the seats all the way forward, you will see the two rear screws near the bottom of the console on each side. There are another two at the front which are more difficult to get to. I always take the seats out to get at these, it's much simpler and gives you more room to work. Seats are held in by 4 bolts. Every easy to take out with the roof down. If you do take them out, be aware of the seatbelt warning cable that plugs into the bottom of them, and I guess the heated seat wiring. Heated seats are an after market modification btw so I can't advise how to disconnect them. You'd have to play it by ear when you're in there.

...ah, beaten to it by Roger  s:) :) s:)  Well I typed it so I'm posting it!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "perfectplanet"Hi chaps,
Loving the MR2 so far.. it's so nimble. If I could put the VVTLi 190bhp from my celica into it, that would certainly be something!
Thanks
Simon

You can!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Check out the search for 2zz replacements. iLogik is doing just that in the car he just bought.

Tags: